Lead Software Engineer - Infra
6sense is on a mission to revolutionize how B2B organizations create revenue by predicting customers most likely to buy and recommending the best course of action to engage anonymous buying teams. 6sense Revenue AI is the only sales and marketing platform to unlock the ability to create, manage and convert high-quality pipeline to revenue.
People are the heart and soul of 6sense. We serve with passion and purpose. We live by our Being 6sense values of Accountability, Growth Mindset, Integrity, Fun and One Team. Every 6sensor plays a part in deﬁning the future of our industry-leading technology. 6sense is a place where difference-makers roll up their sleeves, take risks, act with integrity, and measure success by the value we create for our customers.
We want 6sense to be the best chapter of your career.
Lead Software Engineers (Infrastructure) at 6sense are true hybrid developers and operations engineers. They are responsible for ensuring our services and infrastructure are fast, stable, and scalable. They build out any services and tooling we need that are not readily available via third-party packages or services. They provide guidance on best practices to the overall Software Engineering team.
Operational tasks such as infrastructure, build/release, CI/CD, database administration, and systems administration also fall within their realm of responsibilities.
- Develop and deploy services to improve the availability, ease of use/management, and visibility of 6sense systems
- Architecting, building, and scaling out our services and infrastructure
- Learning and adopting technologies that may aide in solving our challenges
- Own our systems like our Hadoop and Presto clusters, front/back-end services, build configurations, infrastructure components, deployment of services into our infrastructure, and everything in between
- Write/review/debug production code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug live production problems
- Contributing back to open-source projects if we need to add or patch functionality
- Support the overall Software Engineering team to resolve any issues they encounter
- Lead and mentor both junior and senior engineers.
- Driving and owning end-to-end delivery of projects. Provide review and guidance on project design.
- Navigate vague problems and ambiguity with occasional guidance.
- 8+ years in a Software Engineering role or equivalent experience
- Experience with Linux/Unix system administration and networking fundamentals
- Strong skills in reading code as well as writing clean, maintainable, and scalable code
- Good knowledge of Python and Java
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining scalable services and/or service-oriented architecture
- Experience with high-availability
- Experience with modern configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet) and idempotency
- Exposure to modern build systems such as Bazel, Buck, or Pants
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Presto) including deployment, scaling, and maintenance
- Knowledge of standard security practices
- 3+ years of experience working with Kubernetes, Docker
Full-time employees can take advantage of health coverage, paid parental leave, generous paid time-off and holidays, quarterly self-care days off, and stock options. We’ll make sure you have the equipment and support you need to work and connect with your teams, at home or in one of our oﬃces.
We have a growth mindset culture that is represented in all that we do, from onboarding through to numerous learning and development initiatives including access to our LinkedIn Learning platform. Employee well-being is also top of mind for us. We host quarterly wellness education sessions, and everyone has access to meQuilibrium – a platform to encourage self care and personal growth. From wellness days to ERG-hosted events, we celebrate and energize all 6sense employees and their backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Something looks off?