Manager, Accounts Receivable
6sense is on a mission to revolutionize how B2B organizations create revenue by predicting customers most likely to buy and recommending the best course of action to engage anonymous buying teams. 6sense Revenue AI is the only sales and marketing platform to unlock the ability to create, manage and convert high-quality pipeline to revenue.
People are the heart and soul of 6sense. We serve with passion and purpose. We live by our Being 6sense values of Accountability, Growth Mindset, Integrity, Fun and One Team. Every 6sensor plays a part in deﬁning the future of our industry-leading technology. 6sense is a place where difference-makers roll up their sleeves, take risks, act with integrity, and measure success by the value we create for our customers.
We want 6sense to be the best chapter of your career.
6sense is looking for a Manager, Accounts Receivable to join our growing team. This role is a unique opportunity to apply your initiative and analytical skills to inform and execute financial operations and take ownership of our entire accounts receivable process.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills, a passion for continuous process improvement, a creative and problem-solving mindset, and the ability to clearly communicate and present key findings to leadership. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of analysts and accountants to ensure that all invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures to improve our cash flow, reduce the number of overdue accounts, and automate core receivables processes.
What you will do:
- Own and manage the total Accounts Receivable (AR) function, including invoicing, collections, and cash applications across all global business
- Ensure accurate AR team execution so all invoices are accurate, properly coded, and issued in a timely manner
- Work with internal teams to review, investigate and help resolve customer accounts and any discrepancies including credits, discount, adjustments on invoices
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; and coordinating with outside collections agencies
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to improve cash flow, reduce overdue accounts, and increase team efficiency
- Manage a global team of analysts and accountants, providing training and support as with a developmental focus for each team member
- Work closely with the sales and customer service teams to resolve any billing issues or disputes
- Prepare monthly reports and provide recommendations to senior management; monitor and analyze AR aging reports to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Lead development and documentation of AR-related policies and procedures
- Partner with Operations and Finance leadership to drive DSO targets and improvement initiatives
- Lead and represent AR in cross-functional process improvement initiatives using working knowledge and experience to identify issues and implement scalable solutions
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, management or related field. Strong working knowledge of accounting/ finance required. IPO experience is a plus
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in accounts receivable or collections and 2+ years of relevant management/supervisory experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work effectively with key cross-functional partners
- Must have a proven track record to follow through on complex projects from inception to implementation
- Experience managing a team of accountants/analysts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Sage Intacct, or other accounting software required
Base Salary Range: $76,038 to $116,592. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the base salary range for this position. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including but not limited to work location and experience. The base salary is one component of 6sense’s total compensation package for this position. Other compensation may include a bonus program or commission plan, and stock options if approved by 6sense’s board. In addition, 6sense provides a variety of benefits, including generous health insurance coverage, life, and disability insurance, a 401K employer matching program, paid holidays, self-care days, and paid time off (PTO). #Li-remote
Full-time employees can take advantage of health coverage, paid parental leave, generous paid time-off and holidays, quarterly self-care days off, and stock options. We’ll make sure you have the equipment and support you need to work and connect with your teams, at home or in one of our oﬃces.
We have a growth mindset culture that is represented in all that we do, from onboarding through to numerous learning and development initiatives including access to our LinkedIn Learning platform. Employee well-being is also top of mind for us. We host quarterly wellness education sessions, and everyone has access to meQuilibrium – a platform to encourage self care and personal growth. From wellness days to ERG-hosted events, we celebrate and energize all 6sense employees and their backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Something looks off?