Full Stack Engineer - Compose Team
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the third time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating (4.7 out of 5!) reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Compose is Alation’s own query tool that allows users to connect to any query data sources within the framework of the data catalog. Compose has been receiving a lot of favorable feedback from our customers and is the driver of adoption and stickiness with users. Compose is not just a standard query editor that every data company offers, but a full-grown solution for users to retrieve data with ease and confidence, collaborate, and share the results.
What you'll do:
- Build powerful tools in a single -page application with React and Django
- Maintain a comprehensive test suite with Jest and Selenium
- Design both internal- and customer-facing APIs that are fast and flexible
- Collaborate with our product design team to provide the highest quality user experience
- Make smart scoping and priority decisions to ship fast, impactful code
- Work directly with users to integrate feedback into designs and priorities
You should have:
- Have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Have strong experience with Python - Django ORM and Celery are a plus
- Have a solid understanding of object-orientation and experience with OOP in Python – with Java a plus.
- Are an engineer with 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping software products and services.
- Have experience building single page applications - React JS and Django REST Framework or FastAPI are a huge plus - WebSockets or Server-Sent Events a bonus
- Have a good command of architectural conventions such as RESTful API design, concepts of algorithmic complexity, and messaging frameworks (such as Kafka)
- Have strong Git skills while working with an Agile team
- Are able to identify solutions that improve quality of service and reduce operational and support burden
- Understand how to translate business requirements and “user needs” into code – experience owning projects or features from planning to release is a plus
- Are adaptable and prepared for a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
See more open positions at Alation
Something looks off?