Director, FP&A (GTM)
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the third time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating (4.7 out of 5!) reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation, Inc. is looking for a highly motivated and inquisitive Director of FP&A - GTM to join its FP&A team. Reporting to the VP of FP&A, this role will oversee the financial budgeting, forecasting, and analytics of our GTM organization.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in financial modeling, who is capable of incorporating business strategy into financial statement analysis and forecasting. The candidate should possess strong business partnering skills and the capability of transforming data into insights and articulating technical financial content to cross-functional business partners.
Capabilities such as building and adeptly analyzing 3-statement financial models, analyzing and influencing long-term optimal cost structure as well as GTM strategies, and SaaS metrics modeling and reporting are ideal.
Investment banking experience, experience at a hyper-growth SaaS company, Sales Finance experience, working knowledge of Adaptive Insights or another similar tool, and full cycle budgeting and planning knowledge all would be a plus.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide finance business partnering to Commercial leadership in support of their decisions and growth strategies.
- Build financial models and forecast processes for revenue/bookings and expense forecasting.
- Drive strategic analysis in areas such as assessing GTM strategies, sales capacity modeling, Commercial efficiency (LTV/CAC, magic number, rule of 40, etc), and cost structure optimization/benchmarking.
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies.
- Deliver timely and accurate executive-level reporting and insights.
- Mentor, lead and develop a team of 1-2 analysts/managers.
You Should Have:
- Enterprise SaaS/Cloud Computing business model experience is required.
- Strong financial modeling experience and a willingness to dig into the details.
- Excellent analytical, modeling, and communication skills; in-depth experience with financial analysis and a strong understanding of GTM metrics.
- Meticulously organized and detail-oriented individual who has the ability to multitask and problem-solve.
- Demonstrated prowess in business partnering, including budgeting, forecasting, reporting, financial modeling, and analysis.
- A high degree of intelligence, natural curiosity, and a strong work ethic.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Experience in FP&A, management consulting or investment banking, or similar roles.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and G-suite.
- Experience with NetSuite, Adaptive, and Salesforce preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics; CPA and/or MBA preferred.
Base Salary Target: $180,000 - $230,000
The base salary range is specific to the United States. The salary of the final candidate selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to internal equity, experience, education, work location, specialty, and training. If the final candidate has a different level of experience, the base salary target range may be lower or higher than what is published.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
See more open positions at Alation
Something looks off?