Field Events Manager
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
The Senior Regional Marketing Manager is a key role in the North American Regional Marketing organization where the ability to think strategically and resourcefully execute is paramount. Communication between key stakeholders is crucial – sales teams, corporate marketing, product marketing and customers. Candidates must have a solid grasp of high tech B2B marketing, with experience of the Data and Analytics space is a plus. A relentless focus on operational process and detail management, metrics and results.
What you'll do:
- End to end planning and implementation of a multi-channel regional marketing plan for the West and LATAM sales teams
- Must be able to understand sales needs and priorities and translate into marketing tactics and programs
- Develop and lead the implementation of a go-to-market plan for the teams above that incorporates online and offline elements and utilizes corporate assets to land key messages in the region, supplementing as necessary.
- Creating a trusted and respected relationship with Sales leads and becoming their “go to” for marketing-related needs; contact communication is critical
- Assist, accelerate, and create sales opportunities to drive revenue
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders (sales teams, corporate marketing, product marketing, and technical experts) to help develop and define the go to market strategy and plan for customer- and then executing the field marketing component
- Lead strategic development of persona based virtual and in-person events as well as the execution of events
- Results tracking and reporting
- Managing budget of Opex & MDF funds
What you need:
- The ideal candidate should have the following demonstrated experience:
- Experience: 5+ years of B2B technology marketing experience, ideally marketing for, to, or with Data and Analytics companies. Regional marketing experience for part of that time
- 5+ years of experience in data-driven marketing.
- Marketing Communications: Exceptional communication skills: writing, ppt slides, social media, and presenting in person and via web, and processing input into an execution plan
- Project Management: hyper organized planning and process management, tracking, and ability to drive accountability
- Measurement: ability to manage projects on time, on budget with controlled set of resources, and leverage operations tools to track campaign and sales activity for predictable pipeline building. Familiarity with marketing and sales automation systems such as Marketo and salesforce.com, Zoom, Google Suite
- Building successful relationships with Sales: History of building and maintaining successful relationships with sales teams and partners to build a marketing strategy and then to implement it. Specific examples and references preferred
- Marketing Campaign Management: define, develop, optimize, and refine omni-channel campaigns with a solid strategy, offers, design, messaging, audience segmentation, and creative development and production. As an individual contributor, have a range of marketing analytic, strategic, and tactical skills to execute agreed upon plan and to take on new tasks as plans change to get the job done
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working with a wide variety of cross-functional teams and vendors.
- ABSM experience plus
- Ability to travel up to 25%
#LI - EF1
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!