Finance (FP&A) Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
As a full-time Finance (FP&A) Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of our financial statements. This includes completeness of expenses, tracking headcount, and being the final approval of licenses to customers. This role will assist in both actual and forecasting activities to provide clear guidance to Senior Management on expense performance. This role will be a part of a fast-growing Finance team and will be reporting to a Senior Manager of FP&A located in the United States. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded and resourceful top performer who understands how to drive initiatives across the finish line in a timely and professional manner in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
What You'll Be Doing
- Becomes a trusted partner and advisor to functional leaders and executives from the Marketing and SDR Teams.
- Partners with both Go-to-Market teams and finance in creating and managing short and long-term KPIs, forecasts, and GTM models.
- Assist with month-end close activities to ensure completeness of expenses through engagement with Business Owners/Finance/Accounting.
- Compile and analyze financial reports and find discrepancies that require management’s attention.
- Actualize financial model/adjust forecast where necessary through Adaptive Planning and financial models.
- Partnering with Accounting to drive improvement in financial/operational processes.
- Implement new processes and procedures leveraging current tools to increase productivity and accuracy.
- Assist with strengthening internal controls.
- Assist in building financial models that support operation growth and highlight key financial metrics.
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis and presentation for management.
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of related work experience in a SaaS environment.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the foundations of finance/accounting.
- A high degree of intelligence, natural curiosity, and a strong work ethic.
- Strong financial modeling experience and a willingness to dig into the details
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and G-suite.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems including financial software applications (experience with NetSuite and Adaptive is a plus).
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in parallel.
Base Salary Target: $80,000 - $120,000
The base salary range is specific to the United States. The salary of the final candidate selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to internal equity, experience, education, work location, specialty, and training. If the final candidate has a different level of experience, the base salary target range may be lower or higher than what is published.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!