Sales Development Representative - LATAM
Sales & Business Development
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2021
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the third time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating (4.7 out of 5!) reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is looking for energetic and motivated candidates to join our Sales Development team. If you’re an upbeat personality and enjoy being on the front lines of a fast moving start-up we want to talk to you. SDRs are at the core of our marketing and sales strategies, helping us drive our growth at Alation. You’ll be learning integral skills that will foster your professional development in years to come. Your contributions and growth will help fuel our mutual success.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a PRE-IPO, a Data Catalog startup, based out of Redwood City, CA.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in building quality pipeline for LATAM region
- Work in collaboration with your team, Marketing, and Sales
- Generate interest through inbound lead follow up and outbound prospecting
- Become an expert in product usage, being able to sell on Alation’s value through customer stories
- Qualify prospects and generate opportunities for Account Executives
- Effectively communicate with prospects at all levels in the organization, discussing the value of Alation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Qualify and nurture new leads into opportunities through well planned and executed efforts
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual pipeline generating deadlines and targets. Identify and reach decision makers at targeted companies
- Work with 1-2 Account Executives to help create and prioritize strategic target account lists and contacts within an assigned territory
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet Alation’s core values and culture
- Work with LATAM prospects, speaking and writing primarily with Spanish-speaking leads and occasionally with Portuguese speaking leads
- Bilingual/full business/data fluency in English, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Emphasize - must be fluent in Spanish and Portuguese
- Prior LATAM prospecting/selling experience preferred
What You Need:
- Experience with modern sales technology (Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, or similar technologies)
- Demonstrated high degree of success at university and/or enterprise inside sales
- The ability to work independently in an environment that changes rapidly (we are at a high growth company).
- Having a data analysis background or passion for data is highly favored
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Must possess an understanding of basic sales methodologies
- You are a coachable individual who seeks out feedback from your team in order to learn and achieve peak performance
- Experience owning a quota or some form of performance-based delivery a plus
- Superb skills in both written and verbal communication
- 1-2 year experience as an Inbound/Outbound SDR
- Exceptional sourcing skills with the ability to uncover potential prospects and decision makers
- Strong attention to detail, good listener, good organizational skills
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
See more open positions at Alation
Something looks off?