Senior DevOps Engineer
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2019
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the third time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating (4.7 out of 5!) reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is seeking a talented and highly technical DevOps Engineer to join our fast growing team in Chennai, India. The ideal candidate will communicate fearlessly to build trust. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of engineering while embodying our core values.
What does Enterprise Readiness team do?
Enterprise Readiness(ER) team is an integral part of the Alation Engineering team as it is responsible for the delivery of a packaged product for our customers. ER team enables our customer to configure a highly available instance with seamless backup, restore, monitoring including ownership of a portal for install distribution. Alation’s Enterprise Readiness team also helps our customers with license and permission enforcement along with encryption services.
As part of the Enterprise Readiness team, you will:
- Build enhance and maintain our customer portal web application with React and Django
- Support new initiatives to improve instance tracking for Alation
- Maintain a comprehensive test suite with Jasmine and Selenium
- Collaborate with our product design team to provide the highest quality user experience
- Make smart scoping and priority decisions to ship fast, impactful code
- Work directly with users to integrate feedback into designs and priorities
You may be a perfect fit if you:
- Have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- DevOps engineer with 6+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping software products and services with a distributed backend.
- Owning and developing for our IT and Infrastructure environments
- Strong in at least 2 programming and 1 scripting languages: ruby, python, groovy, bash, ps1
- Desired tooling: chef, terraform or cloudformation, jobDSL experience
- Developing automation for AWS, Azure, GCP, Jenkins, Atlassian, GitHub
- Developing our release management and upgrade infrastructure
- Developing configuration and integration tools with customer IT systems
- Playing a key role in defining and implementing security practices
- Experience with AWS products Like EC2, RDS, etc is a plus.
- Understand how to translate business requirements and “user needs” into code
- Are adaptable and prepared for a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
- Have strong Git skills while working with an Agile team
- Are able to identify solutions that improve the quality of service and reduce operational and support burden
- You have a passion for elegance and simplicity.
- You take pride in designing solutions that will outlive the problem.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
See more open positions at Alation
Something looks off?