Lead Software Engineer, API Governance & Identity - Remote
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Clari’s Revenue platform gives forecasting accuracy and visibility from the sales rep to the board room on revenue performance - helping them spot revenue leak to answer if they will meet, beat, or miss their sales goals. With insights like this, no wonder leading companies worldwide, including Okta, Adobe, Workday, and Zoom use Clari to drive revenue accuracy and precision. We never get tired of our customers singing our praises because it fuels us to help them continue to achieve remarkable. The next generation of revenue excellence is here…are you ready to achieve remarkable with us?
The Identity & API Foundations team is chartered to build many common frameworks and services across all Clari products. The focus is two fold: manage user identity, authentication, authorization and access management, along with driving API Governance, tooling, and automation for creating and managing APIs throughout the API lifecycle. We are looking for Staff Backend Software Engineers with a passion for building great products to lead the design and implementation of the services, frameworks and features that will benefit internal and external developers by accelerating software development and innovation. The responsibility of this role also extends to improving the performance, observability, and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to make a big impact in Clari by building products of very high value to customers, evolving the technology stack to support the next phase of company growth, and by introducing and improving engineering tooling, best practices, and processes.
This is a work-from-home opportunity based in Alberta, Ontario or British Columbia provinces. Candidates must be a Canadian Permanent Resident or Citizen. We are unable to provide work authorization sponsorship at this time.
- Design and build products, platforms, frameworks, and services used by both Clari engineers as well as external developers to accelerate application development
- Collaborate with architects, product managers, and other engineers to design and build highly scalable, distributed systems
- Help shape and implement the architecture and roadmap of Clari’s product backend services and systems
- Identify friction points in development processes and lead initiatives to overcome them
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack, and influence efforts to uplevel the observability and reliability of the overall system
- Shape the future of engineering across Clari by evangelizing best practices, improving standards, and guiding teams towards achieving their fullest potential
- Mentor junior engineers to set and maintain high standards of engineering excellence while helping to grow their careers
- 8+ years or more of experience building customer-facing large-scale products or systems using Java or other object-oriented languages
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience designing and building distributed systems
- Experience designing APIs, building data models, and efficient algorithms
- Experienced working across engineering teams and explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- Prior experience in identity management and API governance is a bonus
Perks and Benefits @ Clari
- Team-bonding activities and company-wide events
- Flexible working hours and remote opportunities
- Internet, phone, and wellness reimbursements
- Pre-IPO stock options
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about being remarkable. To Clari, remarkable means many things. We believe in providing interesting and meaningful work in a nurturing and inclusive environment. One that is free from discrimination for everyone without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work-life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work for several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!
If you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we want you to apply! Clari believes in hiring people, not just skills. If you are passionate about learning and excited about what we are doing, then we want to hear from you.
Clari focuses on culture add, not culture fit. One of our values is One with Customers, and we know we can serve them better when we involve as many different perspectives as possible. Our team is made stronger by what makes you unique, so we hope you’ll bring your whole self to the job.
See more open positions at Clari
Something looks off?