Staff Machine Learning Engineer - Remote
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Clari’s Revenue platform gives forecasting accuracy and visibility from the sales rep to the board room on revenue performance - helping them spot revenue leak to answer if they will meet, beat, or miss their sales goals. With insights like this, no wonder leading companies worldwide, including Okta, Adobe, Workday, and Zoom use Clari to drive revenue accuracy and precision. We never get tired of our customers singing our praises because it fuels us to help them continue to achieve remarkable. The next generation of revenue excellence is here…are you ready to achieve remarkable with us?
About the Team
The Engineering team at Clari is an Agile shop that practices Scrum across all of our teams. We layer in coordination practices such as Big Room Planning to stay aligned to Clari’s KPIs quarterly across sites and teams. If you love working in an Agile environment that values collaboration and continuous improvement then we can’t wait to meet you.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Staff Machine Learning Engineer who is passionate about solving complex problems and delivering products to our customers. You’ll work with talented and driven colleagues on a diverse set of complex problems related to revenue operation. You will be developing and adopting machine learning models, statistical analysis methodologies, and data engineering approaches to drive forecasting capabilities for various key metrics. You will be engaged in an end-to-end cycle from ideation/experimentation to productization and be able to observe how the model performs in production over time and over hundreds of customers. The products you build will be used by many of the most well-known companies in the world.
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- Work with the product team to understand key high-value problems in the enterprise sales productivity and be able to advise them on feasibility and limitations of possible approaches
- Serve as a senior technical advisor to the management in the domain of machine learning and statistical methods
- Lead the evaluation of various machine learning models and qualify their suitability to a specific analytics problem
- Lead development of ML algorithm-based product features, which includes considerations of deployment, scalability, observability and rollout
- Maintain post-production ownership of ML modules incorporated into the product
- Provide feedback on best practices. Advise on necessary investments to increase efficiency of the Data Science team
- 8+ years of ML/data science experience, demonstrating high aptitude in solving complex analytical problems in the ML/Data science domain
- 6+ years experience in delivering ML-based products and managing them in a production environment
- Deep knowledge of machine learning (e.g. deep learning, ensemble methods, regression methods, time series analysis) and statistical methods
- Experience in leading the development of ML applications dealing with large-scale data
- Ability to communicate technical ﬁndings based on complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Expert knowledge of Python and standard ML frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Keras
- Knowledge of analysis tools and packages such as NumPy and SciPy
- Experience with end-to-end ownership of ML features, including productization, continuous performance monitoring and ongoing improvements
- Understanding of architecture consideration, performance, parallelization, robustness, and fault mitigation
- Knowledge of SQL (e.g. Postgres, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB). Knowledge of Scala is a plus
- Experience with multi-threading and replication concepts in cloud applications is a plus
- Experience working with streaming frameworks such as Kafka and Kinesis is a plus
- Experience managing the model lifecycle with tools like SageMaker or MLflow is a plus
- K8S familiarity is a plus
Perks and Benefits @ Clari
- Remote-first with opportunities to work and celebrate in person
- Medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, Life insurance, and EAP
- Mental health support provided by Modern Health
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Well-being and professional development funds
- Retirement 401(k) plan
- 100% paid parental leave, plus fertility and family planning support provided by Maven
- Discretionary paid time off, monthly ‘take a break’ days, and Focus Fridays
- Focus on culture: Charitable giving match, plus in-person and virtual events
It is Clari’s intent to pay all Clarians competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair, and equitable. The goal of Clari’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees and encourage employees to stay and grow at Clari.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to specific work location, skill set, depth of experience, education and certifications.
The salary range for this position is $168,000 to $253,000. The compensation package for this position also includes stock options and company-paid benefits, including well-being and professional development stipends.
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about being remarkable. To Clari, remarkable means many things. We believe in providing interesting and meaningful work in a nurturing and inclusive environment. One that is free from discrimination for everyone without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work-life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work for several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!
If you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we want you to apply! Clari believes in hiring people, not just skills. If you are passionate about learning and excited about what we are doing, then we want to hear from you.
Clari focuses on culture add, not culture fit. One of our values is One with Customers, and we know we can serve them better when we involve as many different perspectives as possible. Our team is made stronger by what makes you unique, so we hope you’ll bring your whole self to the job.
See more open positions at Clari
Something looks off?