Lead Data Scientist (f/m/d)
About the opportunity
At Contentful, data plays a key role in everything that we do - understanding our users, discovering and sizing opportunities, and measuring the success of our initiatives. Our Product Analysts are at the centre of these efforts, both on a strategic and tactical level. We're looking for someone with business instincts, creativity, analytics mastery, and experience working with product development teams; someone who is passionate about using these skills to build a data culture which drives business impact.
Our team operates on an embedded model, as such you’ll be part of a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers and Engineers, while reporting to the Director of Data Analytics. The ideal teammate has the skills to unearth insights from large volumes of data, and to communicate those insights in a way that will empower our senior business and product leaders to make better-informed decisions.
What to expect?
- You will lead analytics for one of our product lines, being a trusted partner to Product, and bringing data to the decision-making process.
- You will join our diverse team of Data Scientists, Product Analysts, and Data Engineers in the Core Data and Analytics teams.
- Together with the other leaders from Product and Engineering, you will define the metrics, KPIs, and experiments that will direct and measure our success.
- You will work with other product leaders to identify high impact opportunities for analytics, and align analytics and data science priorities with the product strategy.
- You will share your insights with technical and business stakeholders, and have the chance to influence strategy.
- You will prioritise, scope, and execute analytics projects, in collaboration with the broader team.
- You will contribute to and improve our data tooling and infrastructure.
- You will evangelise the value of data and insights at Contentful.
What you need to be successful?
- You must have at least 3-5 years of experience working as a dedicated product analyst, ideally in a fast-paced product/growth environment. Experience with B2B SaaS companies is an advantage.
- You can work independently in an embedded capacity with stakeholders from Product and Engineering, act as a thought partner, and build effective collaborative relationships.
- You understand the commercial/financial side of a SaaS company in addition to behavioural product/user data, and use this knowledge to recommend fit-for-purpose solutions.
- You have strong quantitative skills, and experience with statistical methods, predictive modelling, and experiment design.
- You must be fluent in SQL and have a strong knowledge of data modelling, with practical experience of applying this to business data. Experience in using dbt to build a data model is an advantage.
- You have strong experience with languages such as R or Python for data analytics.
- You have experience visualising complex data for technical and non-technical audiences, and experience with modern BI tools (Tableau, Redash, Looker) is an advantage.
- You are comfortable in agile, cross-functional teams.
- You have experience with source control using git.
- You speak fluent English and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah! #LI-Remote #LI-KT1
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.