Commercial Account Executive- Emerging Markets
About the opportunity
As a Commercial Account Executive - Emerging Markets (f/m/d), you’ll drive Contentful’s growth by leading the end-to-end sales process with our top-tier clients. You’ll be instrumental in driving adoption and engagement, finding new revenue opportunities and creating customer enablement initiatives within a few named accounts. You’ll work closely with our partnership and customer success team to lead a consultative sales process by speaking to professional developers and business leaders in the Middle East, Africa, and Asian markets.
What to expect?
- Self-generation of the pipeline through outbound motions in conjunction with marketing and BDR teams to help create new opportunities in regional accounts
- Position, negotiate, and spearhead expansion opportunities with existing clients in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia territory
- Grow existing accounts by leveraging relationships and following our comprehensive “land and expand” sales model
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals by developing an account strategy and pipeline, managing internal and client processes, maintaining sales reports, developing market and competitor knowledge, delivering presentations to customers, and creating sales proposals
- Manage RFI/RFQ requests with Contentful internal and customer teams
- Refine and evolve our "land-and-expand" model in collaboration with Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Success teams
- Seek to understand the digital experience challenges of prospects and clients while aligning the ROI of Contentful with those challenges to ensure a value-based selling approach
- Work closely with Sales Engineers and Solution Architects to uncover technical challenges and opportunities
- Develop innovative proposals, position complex pricing structures, and negotiate contracts and deal-closing requirements quickly and efficiently
- Work closely with customer success & marketing teams to ensure that best practices of Contentful are shared and implemented at the respective customers
What you need to be successful
- 3+ years of experience selling a technical platform working as either an SDR/BDR and/or Account Executive
- 1+ years of individual quota-carrying experience
- 1+ years of growing and expanding existing customer accounts
- Demonstrated expertise in closing $60-100k+ opportunities
- Ability to drive your own pipeline generation with outbound capabilities
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Partner ecosystems to work with customers.
- Arabic language skills
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.
Something looks off?