UX Research Operations Assistant - Part Time
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
Culture Amp is looking for a UX Research Operations Assistant to focus on participant recruitment, processing incentives, and improving documentation of research operations processes. Through this, you’ll help UX Researchers, Product Managers and Product Designers conduct high-quality qualitative and quantitative studies that shape the evolution of the Culture Amp platform.
Please note: This is a part time role requiring availability for 3 days per week across Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday (we are open to flexibility across other days).
To be part of this team of amazing humans,
- Support the UX Researchers with research participant recruitment, helping with the timely assessment and execution of recruitment requests for Culture Amp research projects
- Prepare and launch in-platform recruitment messaging, communicate status of recruitment requests with stakeholders, and work within messaging guidelines
- Advise on appropriate incentives for research participants and manage their distribution to eligible participants
- Support process documentation management including the maintenance of UX research operations documentation.
- Experience in administrative duties, project management, and process improvement (any experience supporting a UX research or design team is a bonus)
- Passion for effective and timely internal and external communication.
- Strong workload management and prioritisations skills
- Good working knowledge of Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets).
- Comfortable with some ambiguity and the foresight to create a plan B before it’s needed
- Great people person with effective and timely internal and external communication
- An optimist with a get-stuff-done mindset
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.