Director of Design - Engage
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
Engage is the product that started it all for Culture Amp. Because of Engage, we are the market leader in measuring employee experience and providing targeted, people science backed insights on how employee engagement can be improved.
And we’ve only just begun.
We’re charting a bold and ambitious future for Engage – that’s at the heart of our company strategy. One that scales with our ambitions, and with our customers as they grow their businesses and employees. We’ll improve upon the product our customers love today, and then expand it in ways that power new and deeper insights into people’s experience at work, and the unique aspects of each company’s culture.
In your work as Director of Design, you’ll ensure Engage’s user experience is usable, accessible and cohesive, and that it drives company growth and accelerates our company mission. To do this you’ll work cross-functionally as part of Engage’s leadership team, and with the Engage product teams to guide the vision, clear the way for collaboration and execution and ensure valuable experiences are being shipped in regular increments. You will define quality standards and coach the team to deliver to the standard and velocity expected in a world-class product org. You’ll have a deep understanding of our customer’s needs, building up a body of knowledge to inform strategy. You’ll flag emerging opportunities in the domain and identify how to best redistribute our investment to be more effective.
As part of this team of amazing humans…
- Lead a handful of talented product designers in the Engage product teams
- Collaborate and partner deeply with the Product Management and Engineering Directors of Engage
- Shape your design directions by drawing upon the expertise of our user research, content design, people science, product analytics and data intelligence teams
- Contribute to developing our design practices and methodologies to help us swiftly ship engaging and cohesive product experiences
- Significant experience in previous design roles and leading teams
- A toolkit to draw on for deeply understanding problems and defining solutions, such as human-centered design, product and service design, and design-thinking, to define and create value
- Time in the trenches and well-formed opinions about the tools, processes and ways of working that help teams to be set up to build great software products
- Diversity of product experiences, preferably from fast-growth B2B and or B2C SaaS or HR Tech companies during the scale-up phase
- Proven ability to build, coach and motivate high performing teams
- Change-oriented mindset, where you have demonstrated experiences of elevating teams to achieve materially more impactful outcomes for customers
- Empathy-driven people leadership skills, including to lead multiple teams of teams, and coaching and leading senior designer
- Strong communication skills and experience engaging and collaborating with diverse stakeholders, including strategic customers and executive teams
- An excellent eye for talent and a track record of growing and elevating design practices
- A fascination (and preferably domain experience) with the world of people and culture, particularly what it takes to develop people and create high-performance teams
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Medical insurance - for you and your family so you can feel safe in these uncertain times
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.