Senior Revenue Accountant
DataRobot is the leader in Value-Driven AI, a unique and collaborative approach to generative and predictive AI that combines an open platform, deep expertise and broad use-case experience to improve how organizations run, grow and optimize their business. The DataRobot AI Platform is the only complete AI lifecycle platform that interoperates with an organization’s existing investments in data, applications and business processes, and can be deployed on prem or on any cloud environment. Global organizations, including 40% of the Fortune 50, rely on DataRobot to drive greater impact and value from AI.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will primarily be responsible for executing the processes and controls related to the accounting, management reporting, and financial statement reporting of revenue, deferred revenue, and accounts receivable transactions. In addition, this role will be involved in the execution of the quote to cash process, pricing, revenue forecasting, and other special projects. The role requires an understanding of business operations and products.
● Prepare month-end general ledger close activities including preparing journal entries and reconciliations for revenue and revenue-related accounts such as accounts receivable, contract assets, contract liabilities, and reserves.
● Daily review deals as they close to ensure appropriate day 1 accounting, including reviewing the accuracy of invoices to be sent to clients. Document accounting conclusions related to each deal and ensure revenue schedules are set up appropriately.
● Create risk and control matrices and related process and policy documents for respective processes. Implement new controls as needed to ensure risks are mitigated.
● Assist in preparing disclosures for financial statements related to revenue.
● Prepare reports and analyses to be included in the monthly reporting package to be provided to Company executives related to revenue, remaining performance obligations, product margins, and others as needed.
● Continually assess our processes and procedures, propose and help to implement changes to promote efficiency, with a primary focus on improved use of technology.
● Work collaboratively with FP&A and others within the organization to assist in understanding our actual revenue and revenue movements.
● Work closely with auditors and throughout the year ensure that the quality of our accounting records is of audit level so that there are minimal requests and extra documentation needed from the auditors.
● Assist in various special projects as they arise. Projects may involve the implementation of new systems, project accounting, creation of shared service centers, etc.
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, although not required.
● 1+ years in accounting experience, public accounting preferred, although not required.
● Experience in working with software companies is preferred, although not required.
● Strong knowledge of US GAAP and a desire to continue to develop knowledge.
● Very proactive, hardworking, and strong desire to succeed.
● Be able to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
● Strong organization, time management, and project management skills.
● Detail oriented.
● Strong critical thinking skills.
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
● Great team player and willing to roll up their sleeves to help others on the team.
● Experience using Netsuite ARM preferred, although not required.
● Proficient in Google Sheets
The talent and dedication of our employees are at the core of DataRobot’s journey to be an iconic company. We strive to attract and retain the best talent by providing competitive pay and benefits with our employees’ well-being at the core. Here’s what your benefits package may include depending on your location and local legal requirements: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Flexible Time Off Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, Global Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more!
DataRobot Operating Principles:
- Wow Our Customers
- Set High Standards
- Be Better Than Yesterday
- Be Rigorous
- Assume Positive Intent
- Have the Tough Conversations
- Be Better Together
- Debate, Decide, Commit
- Deliver Results
Research shows that many women only apply to jobs when they meet 100% of the qualifications while many men apply to jobs when they meet 60%. At DataRobot we encourage ALL candidates, especially women, people of color, LGBTQ+ identifying people, differently abled, and other people from marginalized groups to apply to our jobs, even if you do not check every box. We’d love to have a conversation with you and see if you might be a great fit.
All U.S. DataRobot employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical, religious, or other legally protected reason that prevents you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have a process in place to evaluate requests for accommodation.
DataRobot is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. DataRobot is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.