Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is The Easy and Open Data Lakehouse, providing self-service analytics with data warehouse functionality and data lake flexibility across all of your data. Dremio increases agility with a revolutionary data-as-code approach that adopts Git concepts to enable data experimentation, version control, and governance. In addition, Dremio breaks down data silos by simplifying ingestion into the lakehouse, and also allowing queries directly on databases and data warehouses. All of this is available through a fully managed service that not only eliminates the need to maintain infrastructure and software, but also automatically optimizes the data in the lakehouse to maximize performance for every workload.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
At the core of the data lakehouse is the Data and Query Management team, We are responsible for building core catalog capabilities to help customers manage their data. We build the SQL editor experience to help customers manage their queries and we build integration with external sources such as ODBC, JDBC sources as well as Dremio’s integration with BI clients. We are looking for an experienced leader to join and lead the team to new highs!
What you'll be doing
- Lead a team of talented engineers and managers in the design, development and support of a world class experience in data and query management spanning multiple scrum teams
- Grow the team by recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new team members
- Develop the future leaders of Dremio by providing continuous mentorship, coaching, and growth opportunities
- Lead and participate in technical, design, and product discussions relating to your team
- Translate product requirements into engineering work for your team, reaching out to others for assistance as needed
- Collaborate with other leaders in the Engineering and Product organizations on quarterly planning, staffing, and project schedules
- Shift resources across areas and projects to achieve execution goals and to respond to lessons from customer and production issues
- Use your strong foundation as a technical leader to reliably deliver on complex projects while keeping the quality bar high
- Foster a culture of creativity and innovation while also promoting practical decision-making
- Demonstrate responsibility, integrity, and empathy
What we're looking for
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or in a related technical field
- 10+ years of hands-on software engineering experience
- 5+ years of engineering management experience
- 2+ years of experience managing managers
- A track record of recruiting and leading technical teams
- Solid engineering fundamentals with experience in managing teams in highly ambiguous environments
- Extremely strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Background in large scale data processing systems (e.g., Hadoop, Spark)
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance, and schema design
- Experience designing and building complex distributed systems
- Proven experience with authoring roadmap documents, project plans, and RCAs
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short term / long term disability and life insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Flexible PTO
- 16 hours of volunteer time off
- 12 company paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Remote work options
- Monthly “Get Stuff Done” (GSD) Days
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Quarterly swag surprise
**Certain benefits are only allowed to full-time Dremio employees and may not be the same across all locations. #LI-JW1 #LI-Remote
The base salary range for this position is $191,250 to $258,750 per year. The base salary actually offered to a successful candidate will take into account various relevant and non-discriminatory business factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s geographic location, job-related experience, knowledge, and skills, and education, as well as internal equity considerations. A successful candidate may also be eligible to earn additional compensation including commissions and/or bonuses.
What we value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.