VP of Trade Operations
Who are we?
FalconX is one of the fastest-growing startups in FinTech. We are redefining prime brokerage from the ground up.
We are backed by some of the best investors in the world including Accel, American Express, B Capital, Coinbase, Fidelity, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Fenbushi Capital and Tiger Global Management + more yet to be publicly disclosed.
We deliver institutional digital asset traders best-in-class trading, credit, custody and structured products. We trade, lend and secure tens of billions of dollars monthly, are highly profitable, and growing fast, so we need your help!
We are data-driven. Whether it's a growth or product decision, we believe data can always help us make more precise and informed choices.
We move fast. Speed of execution is essential for any startup, but we believe this is even more pertinent in our 24/7 industry.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
FalconX has offices in San Mateo, Chicago, New York, Bangalore, Malta, and Singapore.
Who is on the team?
We are entrepreneurs. Many in our company have been founders or have aspirations to eventually start their own company. We take these ambitions and experiences to bring a solutions-oriented mindset to the problems we encounter day-to-day.
We are experienced. We have been fortunate to have learned from mentors and peers at institutions such as Google, LinkedIn, JUMP Trading, Citadel, PEAK6 Investments, Goldman Sachs, Harvard Business School, Carnegie Mellon, IIT + more.
What will be my impact?
At FalconX, you’ll help create a more open financial system. In building the trading, credit and custody infrastructure, we are enabling thousands more institutions to enter the market and support a more open and accessible financial system. The world’s largest financial institutions from Wall Street to Silicon Valley will turn to you for products that provide unparalleled seamless, efficient and secure access to the cryptocurrency sector.
- Team Management: Manage a team of managers who handle all incoming counter-party settlement requests within a pre-agreed timeframe. Act as a point for a portfolio of counter-parties
- Develop Strategies and Roadmap for the Operations organization that meet the strategic objectives of the company
- Manage the teams budget, contribution margins, headcount costs etc.
- Process Management: develop KPIs for trade operations and monitor team performance.
- Coordination: Liaise with Trading Desk, Product, and Customer Success teams to understand and deliver on their expectations with regards to serving clients.
- Investigation: Investigate and resolve operational issues and develop scalable solutions
- Reconciliations: Ensure trades, transfers and inventory reconciliation happens across different internal subsystems and external systems - banks, custodians, etc.
- System Improvement: Design simple, elegant and scalable post-trade operational processes - confirmation, settlement. Create product requirement documents for improving our in-house settlement platform and help with testing & rollout of system changes
- Inventory Management: Monitor daily inventory needs for - settlement, lending & borrowing activity- and liaise directly with counter-parties and agent banks to fulfill those needs.
- Collateral Management: Ensure sufficient collateral and inventory is maintained across counter-parties and exchanges at all times for operational continuity
- Risk Management: Provide inputs to compliance and risk teams to design pragmatic controls in this environment of changing regulatory landscape.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with regulation across trade operations.
- Accounting: Liaise with Accounting and ensure proper trade and settlement data is provided to them on a timely basis.
- Must have previous working experience in traditional finance or Crypto industries
- Familiarity with policies regarding settlement, clearing and institutional account management
- Experience managing client margin & risk positions
- Spot equity and/or Derivatives markets exposure and understand the underlying parties policies and positions
- Familiarity with regulations, controls, and best practices at a FINRA or NFA registered entity
- Past working experience at a small yet growing hedge fund, prop shop, clearing firm, or investment management firm is preferred
- Are outcome-oriented
- Have demonstrated diligent prioritization and focus, alongside empathetic cross-functional collaboration
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up the sleeves and get into the weeds in regards to financial transaction execution
- Extra credit: Strong understanding of cryptocurrency market structure and participants
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up the sleeves and get into the weeds
- Crypto industry experience required
- 5+ years management experience in crypto, tech, fintech or financial services
- Demonstrable experience improving process improvements that lead to positive outcomes
- Experience managing a medium to large organization including planning and costs preferably in a hybrid or remote environment.
- Strong background working with engineering and product to improve company efficiency and scale.
- Digital Asset or trading experience
- Experience as an early/founding team member or high growth startup
- MBA or commensurate experience managing strategic business initiatives
Base pay for this role is expected to be between $250,000 and $400,000 USD. This expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role will also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance linked bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for a successful candidate will be determined based on a number of factors such as skillset, experience, and qualifications.
Something looks off?