Who are we?
FalconX is one of the fastest-growing startups in FinTech. We are redefining prime brokerage from the ground up.
We are backed by some of the best investors in the world including Accel, American Express, B Capital, Coinbase, Fidelity, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Fenbushi Capital and Tiger Global Management + more yet to be publicly disclosed.
We deliver institutional digital asset traders best-in-class trading, credit, custody and structured products. We trade, lend and secure tens of billions of dollars monthly, are highly profitable, and growing fast, so we need your help!
We are data-driven. Whether it's a growth or product decision, we believe data can always help us make more precise and informed choices.
We move fast. Speed of execution is essential for any startup, but we believe this is even more pertinent in our 24/7 industry.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
FalconX has offices in San Mateo, Chicago, New York, Bangalore, Malta, and Singapore.
Who is on the team?
We are entrepreneurs. Many in our company have been founders or have aspirations to eventually start their own company. We take these ambitions and experiences to bring a solutions-oriented mindset to the problems we encounter day-to-day.
We are experienced. We have been fortunate to have learned from mentors and peers at institutions such as Google, LinkedIn, JUMP Trading, Citadel, PEAK6 Investments, Goldman Sachs, Harvard Business School, Carnegie Mellon, IIT + more.
We are seeking a Product Designer who understands and is inspired by the complexities of designing software for the fast-moving institutional crypto markets.
About You You excel at owning significant UX problems and providing vital thought leadership to drive success by collaborating closely with product owners and engineers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and other designers, to define and implement innovative design solutions aligned with business objectives.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups to effectively communicate and refine design concepts.
- Develop and maintain a consistent design language across all products, ensuring a cohesive user experience.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to gather insights, identify pain points, and validate design decisions.
- Apply design principles, typography, color theory, and industry trends to create visually appealing designs that meet user needs.
- Continuously iterate on designs based on feedback from stakeholders and end-users.
- Present design work to the product team, clearly articulating design rationale and addressing concerns or questions.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest design tools, techniques, and best practices to continually improve your skills and the team's overall design capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- 4 years of experience as a Product Designer, UI/UX Designer, or similar role.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, XD), or comparable software.
- Experience in creating wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs using tools like InVision, Marvel, or similar platforms.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate design choices and collaborate effectively with team members.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Passion for staying current with design trends, tools, and technologies.
- Skilled in communication and storytelling through presentation.
- Ability to collaborate with development teams to ensure design implementation meets high-quality standards.
- Experience facilitating or assisting user research and user testing – and subsequently identifying user needs, actions, behaviors, and emotions through research.
- Experience in Finance, Fintech, or Crypto/digital assets space.
- Portfolio samples showcasing deep Product and UX thinking, design process, sophisticated problem-solving, and the ability to create visually stunning and user-friendly products.
- Candidates who proceed to in-person interviews will be required to perform a small UX design exercise, which they will then present to the team.
Something looks off?