Who are we?
FalconX is one of the fastest-growing startups in FinTech. We are redefining prime brokerage from the ground up.
We are backed by some of the best investors in the world including Accel, American Express, B Capital, Coinbase, Fidelity, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Fenbushi Capital and Tiger Global Management + more yet to be publicly disclosed.
We deliver institutional digital asset traders best-in-class trading, credit, custody and structured products. We trade, lend and secure tens of billions of dollars monthly, are highly profitable, and growing fast, so we need your help!
We are data-driven. Whether it's a growth or product decision, we believe data can always help us make more precise and informed choices.
We move fast. Speed of execution is essential for any startup, but we believe this is even more pertinent in our 24/7 industry.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
FalconX has offices in San Mateo, Chicago, New York, Bangalore, Malta, and Singapore.
Who is on the team?
We are entrepreneurs. Many in our company have been founders or have aspirations to eventually start their own company. We take these ambitions and experiences to bring a solutions-oriented mindset to the problems we encounter day-to-day.
We are experienced. We have been fortunate to have learned from mentors and peers at institutions such as Google, LinkedIn, JUMP Trading, Citadel, PEAK6 Investments, Goldman Sachs, Harvard Business School, Carnegie Mellon, IIT + more.
At FalconX, you’ll have a significant influence on the broader success of the digital asset landscape. Some of the largest financial institutions from Wall Street to Silicon Valley and around the world will turn to you for the best market prices and insights on the crypto industry. You will become an expert on crypto industry trends and market movements. With your experience, you will help shape our company’s trading strategies according to our core values - speed, transparency, and trust. You will be an ambassador of FalconX, constantly improving your knowledge of our offering and sharpening knowledge of best market practices.
We are looking for a results-driven, high-performing, and confident Legal Contractor to join our Legal team, to work in a fast paced environment.
- Negotiate ISDAs and CSAs with asset managers, corporates, and financial institutions as part of an ISDA negotiation team at a digital asset prime brokerage..
- Draft bespoke credit documents, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Collaborate closely with credit team, in-house counsel, and our institutional clients.
- Provide market and institutional knowledge to internal stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all negotiations and agreements.
- Provide technical advice on legal and commercial risks associated with prime brokerage operations.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in relevant legislation, regulations, and market practices and communicate these changes to relevant stakeholders.
- Work with external clients and counterparties to ensure smooth functioning of prime brokerage operations.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including legal, compliance, operations, and sales teams, to ensure compliance with industry regulations and best practices.
- Product advisory work in derivatives.
- Over the course of time, build expertise in the novel environment the firm is operating in.
- A bachelor's degree in law, finance, business, or a related field.
- Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of ISDA negotiation experience within a large bank or asset manager environment.
- In-depth knowledge of prime brokerage operations and regulatory requirements.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time hours (remote) Monday through Friday for a 3+ month engagement.
- Must be well-versed in uncleared margin rules, and related rules and regulations impacting the SWAPs and Derivatives markets.
- Candidates with JD preferred, active bar admission not required
Base pay for this role is expected to be between $45 - $90 USD/hr. This expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role will also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance linked bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for a successful candidate will be determined based on a number of factors such as skillset, experience, and qualifications.
Something looks off?