Senior Manager, Risk & Compliance
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
FloQast is looking for a Senior Manager, Risk and Compliance to join our growing Compliance department. This role is responsible for overseeing the effectiveness of multiple processes and programs within various teams across the organization, including Security, Product, Engineering, Human Resources, and Information Technology, to ensure FloQast maintains compliance with controls, policies, and contractual commitments. They will manage and control risk-related elements of the organization, working collaboratively with all departments to coordinate risk management activities in preparation for audits and regulatory reviews. This individual will manage a team and will oversee the highly customer-facing Customer Trust function. They will advise and build relationships with key personnel, with a fundamental role in shaping the future of risk and compliance at FloQast with significant impact and visibility.
The Compliance department at FloQast reports directly to the General Counsel and is responsible for ensuring FloQast maintains compliance with an array of security and privacy frameworks, including GDPR, CPRA, ISO 27701, SOC 1, SOC 2, and ISO 27001. We are a team of in-house subject matter experts that advise, direct, train, and monitor the organization, resulting in daily interactions with all departments working together on a variety of unique and interesting business initiatives.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team to drive the development and maintenance of policies, control objectives, standards, controls, processes, and guidelines.
- Oversee the Customer Trust function, supporting sales and customer success in positioning security, privacy, and compliance externally and completing related questionnaires.
- Conduct, oversee, and integrate risk assessments across multiple domains, including Finance, Legal, R&D, and Information Security.
- Develop a close partnership with control owners to educate them on compliance requirements and develop risk-appropriate control implementation solutions.
- Be innovative and always think about ways to reduce manual processes. Partner with various automation teams to drive automated processes across the risk management function.
- Organize and maintain the compliance library of process maps, risk control matrices, and audit artifacts.
- Manage and oversee all annual and quarterly compliance processes across the organization.
- Advise and support control owners in the development of sustainable control processes.
- Manage and oversee testing and collaborate on remediation efforts.
- Support the compliance champion network by providing accurate and proactive communications of requirements and deadlines.
- Be an advocate for compliance best practices and the point of contact for stakeholders from departments throughout the company.
- Serve as the project manager implementation of new compliance processes and frameworks.
- This role has management/supervisory responsibilities over junior employees.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned to help the company meet its goals.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of risk and compliance management, with a track record of leading teams to successfully facilitate regulatory compliance.
- A passion for a risk-based approach, fostering a culture of compliance, and other means to guide internal stakeholders.
- Experience working in risk management disciplines.
- Experience implementing at least one new compliance framework.
- Experience managing relationships and interactions with internal and external auditors.
- Experience leading information technology or information security audits.
- Subject matter expertise in SOC or ISO 27001 compliance standards, CCPA or GDPR a plus.
- Program management skills and a high degree of rigor and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with experience influencing, building consensus, and driving change.
The base pay range for this position is $140,000 - $170,000. Compensation is not limited to base salary. FloQast values our Total Rewards, and offers a competitive and elaborate Benefits Package including, but not limited to, Medical, Dental, Vision, Family Forming benefits, Life & Disability Insurance, Unlimited Vacation, and participation in our Employee Stock Program. FloQast reserves the right to amend, change, alter, and revise pay ranges and benefits offerings at any time. All applicants acknowledge that by applying to this position you understand that this specific pay range is contingent upon meeting the qualifications and requirements of the role, and for the successful completion of the interview selection and process. It is at the Company's discretion to determine what pay is provided to a candidate within the range associated with the role.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
Recognized as a 2021 Technology Fast 500 by Deloitte, FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 1,600 accounting teams, including those at Snowflake, Twilio, Instacart, Zoom, and The Golden State Warriors. In July 2021, FloQast raised a $110 million Series D at a $1.2 billion valuation — and we’re growing!
What We Do
By automating common accounting workflows and helping to streamline and make them more efficient, FloQast is the place where accounting teams want to work so they can focus on what matters most, even when that’s just logging off on time. Whether automating reconciliations, documentation requests, or streamlining recurring accounting processes, such as the month-end close, financial reporting, or payroll, FloQast enhances the way accounting teams already work to help them operate more efficiently.
Here’s Why You Should Apply
- When we say our customers’ success is our priority, we’re not lying. Check us out on G2 Crowd and read a few of the 275+ 5-star reviews!
- Why do 95% of reviewers on Glassdoor say they would refer FloQast as an employer to a friend? Maintaining a collaborative, open, and fun company culture regardless of where FloQasters are located can be tricky, but we’re up to the task. Check out what actual FloQast employees have to say on Glassdoor.
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- FloQast is regularly rated as one of the best places to work:
- Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2021
- Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal since 2017
- Built In’s Best Place to Work in Los Angeles since 2018
Don't meet every single requirement listed on the job ad? We encourage you to consider applying anyway! You may be the right candidate for this role or for our other open roles.
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.
See more open positions at FloQast
Something looks off?