Market Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
As a Market Development Representative (MDR) at FloQast, you will play a crucial role in the growth and success of our company. Sitting in the sales team and reporting to the Senior Manager of Inside Sales, you will be responsible for inbound lead qualification, nurture and lead reactivation, utilizing an omnichannel approach including but not limited to emails, social outreach, phone calls, etc. Your primary objective will be to identify and engage with prospects who have expressed pain in areas that FloQast solutions solve. This role requires excellent communication skills, a passion for building relationships, and a results-driven mindset.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time*
What You'll Do:
- Qualify inbound leads generated through various marketing channels, such as website inquiries, content downloads, and event registrations
- Conduct qualification through emails, calls, etc., to engage with leads, understand their needs, and assess their fit for FloQast's solutions, to deliver intro-call-ready leads
- Warm up leads by providing relevant information and resources, addressing their inquiries, and establishing rapport to build trust
- Educate prospects about the value and benefits of FloQast's products, highlighting key features and use cases
- Utilize a consultative approach to understand prospects' pain points, challenges, and goals, and align them with FloQast's offerings
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all lead interactions and prospect data in the CRM system
- Achieve and exceed monthly/quarterly targets for qualified leads and pipeline generation
- Continuously stay informed about industry trends, competitors, and market developments to effectively position FloQast's solutions
- Any other tasks that may be assigned to help the company meet its goals
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 1 year experience with proven track record in a similar role, preferably in B2B SaaS or technology industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts clearly and concisely
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport and establish relationships with prospects
- Results-driven mindset with a track record of meeting or exceeding targets and quotas
- Self-motivated and proactive with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to quickly learn and understand software products and effectively convey their value proposition
- Familiarity with CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce), Marketing tools (HubSpot, Qualified/Drift, etc.) and sales engagement tools (e.g. Outreach/Salesloft, Orum, LinkedIn Sales Nav, Zoominfo) is a plus
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, or related fields is a bonus but not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and adapt to changing priorities
The base pay for this position is $55,000. This position is eligible for a commission plan in addition to base pay with an OTE of $75,000. Compensation is not limited to base salary. FloQast values our Total Rewards, and offers a competitive and elaborate Benefits Package including, but not limited to, Medical, Dental, Vision, Family Forming benefits, Life & Disability Insurance, Unlimited Vacation, and participation in our Employee Stock Program. FloQast reserves the right to amend, change, alter, and revise pay ranges and benefits offerings at any time. All applicants acknowledge that by applying to this position you understand that this specific pay range is contingent upon meeting the qualifications and requirements of the role, and for the successful completion of the interview selection and process. It is at the Company's discretion to determine what pay is provided to a candidate within the range associated with the role.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants. By automating and modernizing everyday accounting workflows, FloQast enables accountants to work better together and perform their tasks with greater efficiency and accuracy. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 2,000 accounting teams, including those at Snowflake, Kodiak, Instacart, Zoom, and The Golden State Warriors - and still growing! We aspire to forever elevate accounting and improve both the practice and perceptions of the profession.
Our values serve as a compass that guides our decisions and are considered non-negotiable, especially when it comes to hiring. Together with our employees, partners, and customers, we live these values every day.
Ambitious with Integrity
Empowered to Grow
Committed to Collaboration
Customer Obsessed in All Ways
Here’s Why You Should Apply:
Amazing Benefits - FloQast pays 100% of the premium for employees and families for most Medical, Dental, & Vision plans.
Competitive Compensation & Stock Options
FloQast is regularly rated as a Best Place to Work!
- Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2023, 2022, and 2021
- Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal since 2017 (that’s 6 years!)
- Built In’s Best Place to Work in Los Angeles 4 years in a row!
Professional Growth & Community - We believe community extends through and beyond the office. We have Employee Resource Groups, community volunteer opportunities, social events, DEI initiatives, and reimbursements for professional development relevant to your role.
Work-Life Balance - We have unlimited PTO along with a generous parental leave policy. To top it off, we have Mental Health Days, where the company closes to allow employees to unplug, relax, and recharge (we know Zoom fatigue is a real thing!)
Employee Choice Policy - Employees can work from home and also have the option to work in a FloQast office or maintain a hybrid work schedule.
Our customers love us! See for yourself on G2 Crowd.
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.