Gem’s mission is to help companies hire great teams. Our talent engagement platform enables recruiting teams to build relationships that lead to diverse, high-quality talent pipelines, a great candidate experience, and predictable hiring at any scale. By creating a source of truth for all relationships with talent, Gem can automate personalized outreach, while also generating insights about the entire recruiting process.
Our customers are savvy recruiting teams from industry-leading companies — like Dropbox, Grammarly, Doordash, Cisco, McDonalds — who understand that getting the best talent in the market is key to maintaining their competitive advantage.
With funding from key investors such as, ICONIQ, Greylock, Sapphire, and Accel, Gem has recently been recognized with Unicorn status, with a $1.2B valuation — becoming one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies at its scale. And just as we strive to help our customers find great talent, we also invest in our own people and culture. We are proud of the culture we’ve built and have recently been recognized as:
- The Breakout List, 2022
- Certified as a Great Place to work, 2022
- Y Combinator Top Companies, 2022
- Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, 2022
The Team & Role:
- Gem is looking for an Accounting Manager to implement financial systems, own all reporting and accounting operations, and build out a top-notch accounting team over time. You would be the third accounting hire at Gem and will work closely with the VP of Finance & Business Operations. This role is an incredible growth opportunity for aspiring controllers.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Accounting operations: accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, expense reporting and general cash management
- The month end close process - preparing & reviewing journal entries, general ledger reconciliation
- Financial statement and bank collateral audit coordination
- Debt covenant monitoring & reporting
- Designing and optimizing internal financial processes
- Quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Investor reporting requirements and tax filings
- Have a strong sense of ownership in your work, and love the idea of building out, streamlining and owning systems and processes end-to-end
- Enjoy identifying and solving problems proactively
- Operate well in a fast-moving environment and can juggle multiple work streams
- Are excited about helping a business grow and scale, and enjoy working with cross-functional partners outside of finance
- Are excited about laying the foundations and setting the tone & culture for a top-notch accounting team over time
- 2-3 years of Big 4 experience required
- 1-3 years of startup accounting experience required
Something looks off?