Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Gem’s mission is to help companies hire great teams. Our talent engagement platform enables recruiting teams to build relationships that lead to diverse, high-quality talent pipelines, a great candidate experience, and predictable hiring at any scale. By creating a source of truth for all relationships with talent, Gem can automate personalized outreach, while also generating insights about the entire recruiting process.
Our customers are savvy recruiting teams from industry-leading companies — like Dropbox, Grammarly, Doordash, Cisco, McDonalds — who understand that getting the best talent in the market is key to maintaining their competitive advantage.
With funding from key investors such as, ICONIQ, Greylock, Sapphire and Accel, Gem has recently been recognized with Unicorn status, with a $1.2B valuation — becoming one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies at its scale. And just as we strive to help our customers find great talent, we also invest in our own people and culture. We are proud of the culture we’ve built and have recently been recognized as:
- The Breakout List, 2022
- Certified as a Great Place to work, 2023
- Y Combinator Top Companies, 2022
- Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, 2022
The Team & Role
Gem believes in putting the customer at the center of everything we do. The Customer Success team is the secret sauce to make that a reality. The team’s mission is to build, deepen, and grow relationships with customers to make customers for life.
The Renewals Manager sits within the Customer Success organization and will exercise ownership over a designated portfolio of SMB renewal opportunities. The Renewals Manager is responsible for opportunity maintenance and forecasting, negotiation and objection handling, identifying upsell opportunities, engaging internal resources and closing renewals on time. They will have full mastery of Gem’s renewal process and pricing options.
This role will include customer-facing interactions as well as backend deal desk related support with quote creation and contract processing. This position will also collaborate heavily with sales, operations and Customer Success Managers.
As the second ever Renewals Manager at Gem, this person will also be expected to find opportunities to optimize the existing renewal process and own these improvements with the partnership of CS/Sales leadership and operations.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Own a designated portfolio of SMB renewals
- Respond to all customer inquiries regarding their renewal
- Overcome objections and adjust proposals to ensure best solution is proposed to the client
- Follow-up with customers who do not respond to automated renewal outreach and add new contacts if needed
- Update and maintain renewal forecasts and ensure data integrity in Salesforce
- Partner with Account Executives on expansion
- Find opportunities to optimize the existing renewal process and own these improvements
- 3+ years in SaaS Sales, preferably in a renewal or sales capacity
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and understand the big picture, taking into account the perspectives of various stakeholders
- Proven track record of creative problem solving skills
- Customer centric mindset, with an ability to build lasting customer relationships
- Strong cross functional skills, with a track record of working collaboratively towards shared goals
Gem is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and encourage folks of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Gem, we’re committed to having an inclusive and transparent environment where every voice is heard and acknowledged. We embrace our differences, and know that our diverse team is a strength that drives our success.
Gem is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
For roles based in New York City, NY and San Francisco, CA out of our HQs, the OTE salary hiring range for this position is $141,550 - $149,000. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation, equity, and benefits.
This role is eligible for remote work.
Gem’s Candidate Privacy Notice
By clicking “Submit Application”, you acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand Gem’s Candidate Privacy Statement, including the information provided on how Gem processes your personal data and your related rights as set forth therein.
See more open positions at Gem
Something looks off?