Senior Backend Engineer (Prague or Remote Czech Republic)
Posted on Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We’re very proud of our customer loyalty and our rapid growth. Concurrent with this growth is the need to scale our platform and deliver high-quality features in a fast-paced environment with the challenge to solve complex technical problems. Highspot is expanding our Engineering team into EMEA and looking for a seasoned Senior Software Engineer to seed and grow our Platform team. In this role, you would not only get a chance to tackle challenging technical problems, but also help establish best practices and forge relationships with Highspot customers in EMEA. Our ideal candidate should have strong technical skills as an engineer and architect; understands how to build high quality software; is a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with different teams and stakeholders; loves building / scaling a team; is values-driven and cares deeply about culture; self-managed, curious, and resourceful.
What You'll Do
- Architect, build and operate highly-availability distributed services and infrastructures
- Help design and develop new features and functionality
- Partner cross-functionally to create software and infrastructure that both internal and external customers love
- Contribute to technical documentation that impacts large engineering organization within Highspot
- 8+ years of relevant professional software engineering experience, not including internships/co-ops
- Extensive experience architecting SaaS software platforms at scale.
- Proficiency in multiple backend technologies. Familiarity with industry trends.
- Proficiency in cloud computing, containerization, and high-scale distributed systems
- Docker/CI/CD/K8s experience is highly desirable
- Deep understanding of storage is highly desirable
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals
- Comfortable with modern open source technologies and tools
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
This position is available remote, in the following locations:
- All cities within the Czech Republic
Flexible work and vacation schedules
Competitive compensation and stock options
Annual company-wide events
Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision!
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.
See more open positions at Highspot
Something looks off?