Principal/Sr. Backend Software Engineer, Search
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, November 9, 2022
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
We’re very proud of our customer loyalty and our rapid growth. Concurrent with this growth is the need to scale our platform, expand the surface area of integrations, deliver high-quality and timely features, and generally contend with an increasingly complex technical ecosystem.
As a Sr. Backend Search Engineer, you will work closely with the consumers of the platform to improve search relevancy, ranking and recommendations. You will be responsible for collaborating with stakeholders to understand search-related problems and requirements to architect and develop efficient and scalable solutions. You will review, analyze, maintain, and optimize existing search implementations. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who work well in a team-oriented, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Develop highly-availability distributed services
- Develop clean, reusable, supportable, and well-tested RESTful APIs and web services, including Highspot’s external API
- Help design and develop new product features and functionality
- Partner cross-functionally with UX and Product Management to create software that customers love
- Write maintainable and testable code
- Contribute to internal and external technical documentation
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, not including internships/co-ops
- Solid experience with search and related technologies such as Solr, Lucene and ZooKeeper.
- Strong understanding of enterprise search and search architecture.
- Demonstrable experience with schema design, relevancy tuning, boosting and optimization.
- Experience with REST API Design & Development
- Experience working with cloud services, preferably AWS.
- Knowledge of container technologies like docker.
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
-3 Weeks of Paid Vacation
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."
See more open positions at Highspot
Something looks off?