Sr. Software Development Engineer, Training & Coaching
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer who will bring their creativity and experience to Highspot to help us build software with a spark of magic. This is a role that works closely with Product Management, Design, and Frontend Engineering. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these technologies, some of the languages and tools we use to build Highspot include Ruby, Java, Clojure, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Solr, AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
What You'll Do
- Focus on server-side programming while also understanding how features work end-to-end in the web frontend and mobile user experiences
- Rapidly create software that customers love by partnering cross-functionally with a talented team of Engineers, Designers, and Product Managers
- Use your communication skills to represent highly technical concepts to your counterparts on the Frontend, Design, and Product Management teams
- Integrate Highspot with external APIs, including third-party Learning Management Systems (LMS) and other partner applications
- Develop clean, reusable, supportable, and well-tested RESTful APIs and web services
- Design and implement new endpoints for Highspot’s external API to power the Highspot web frontend, mobile applications, and our customers' software
- Write automated tests of your code and collaborate with QA to deliver software at a high level of quality
- Define and meet scalability, uptime, performance, and security goals
- Resolve major customer technical issues in production
- Contribute to internal and external technical documentation
- Proficiency in building, integrating with, and supporting APIs using a variety of languages, data formats, and data transformations
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals
- Comfortable with modern open-source technologies and tools
- Experience developing software products, scalable internet software, and applications using a range of software models including object-oriented and functional design patterns
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
-3 Weeks of Paid Vacation
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."
See more open positions at Highspot
Something looks off?