Sr. Web Engineer, Shared UX Team
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
At Highspot, we build software with a spark of magic. We’re looking for a Senior Web Software Engineer who will bring their creativity and experience to help us build our web platform and accelerate the pace at which other engineers can create features for Highspot. We’re growing the team from 5 to 9 engineers over the next few months, with a focus on reusable React components, faster build/test cycle, and tech stack modernization. This is a role that works closely with Product Management, Design, QA, and Backend Engineering. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these technologies, some of the languages and tools we use to build Highspot include React & React Testing Library, Sass/SCSS, Storybook, Webpack, and Ruby.
What You’ll Do
- Reduce feature implementation time by creating high fidelity, responsive, and accessible React components other engineers use to build their features.
- Help us update our UX design language and visual appearance.
- Help us scale our build and test processes to support >100 web engineers with speed and reliability.
- Help strategize and execute on major initiatives to modularize our codebase, support independent web apps in each company division, complete the migration from Backbone to React, introduce Typescript, and split our web front-end code from Ruby.
- Design frameworks for settings, notifications, email, and localization.
- Upgrade and extend our proprietary framework to measure usage and user experience across all web features.
- Read legacy code while migrating functionality to modern standards.
- Create software that customers love by partnering cross-functionally with a talented team of engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Use your communication skills to represent highly technical concepts to web and backend engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Write high quality code that is performant, reliable, secure, and well-tested—your code will be used by every feature on every team at Highspot.
- Resolve major customer technical issues in production.
- Contribute to internal and external technical documentation used by hundreds of engineers.
- Note: probably no one perfectly matches the list below. We’re looking for folks who have many of these skills and interest in acquiring the others.
- Entrepreneurial: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals. You’re happy to write code one day, develop a design doc the next, and dig deep into our infrastructure to resolve an incident the next.
- Deep: you enjoy digging into the guts of the system. You care about the technology and the system more than specific business features.
- Broad: you’ve worked on multiple platforms. Web is your main gig, but you’ve done some backend coding too. You did a side project to learn more about mobile. You’ve fixed a race condition. You’ve set up your own NPM package.
- Experienced: you’ve spent 7+ years building cross-browser, highly interactive, high-scale web applications.
- Familiar with modern web technologies: React.js, Typescript, Node, Next.js, webpack, Storybook, Cypress, npm, GraphQL.
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
-3 Weeks of Paid Vacation
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."
See more open positions at Highspot
Something looks off?