Sr. Software Development Engineer, Engagement
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
As a senior full-stack engineer, you will be responsible for leading the design and development of core backend features of the Highspot platform. We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer Software Engineer who will bring creativity and experience as they work collaboratively with a talented team. Our ideal candidate understands how to build customer-facing software; they are a skilled communicator who enjoys working collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers; they are self-managed, curious, and resourceful.
Our development stack comprises various technologies including Ruby, Clojure, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Apache Solr and Lucene, Kubernetes, AWS, and Chef.
What You'll Do
- Partner with UX, Product Management, Data Science, and other teams to create software that customers love.
- Develop clean, reusable, supportable, and well-tested RESTful APIs and web services, including Highspot’s external API.
- Optimize and perform enhancements to large-scale data services built on top of MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, and other technologies.
- Integrate Highspot with external APIs, including third-party Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, Content Management Systems (CMS), and other partner applications.
- Collaborate with the Data Science team to integrate advanced machine learning models into the application to deliver cutting-edge AI features and help solve complex business problems for customers.
- Build scalable methodologies, tools, and techniques accompanied by excellent technical documentation.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and practices to further enhance team capabilities and your own skills.
- Act as a mentor and source for direction, training, and guidance for more junior engineers.
- Proficiency in building, integrating with, and supporting APIs and web services using a variety of languages, data formats, and data transformations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, product managers, and other developers, to develop and deliver high-quality applications.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals
- Comfortable with modern open-source technologies and tools
- Experience developing software products, scalable internet software, and applications using a range of software models including object-oriented and functional design patterns
- Experience in full-stack or frontend development for modern web applications is a plus.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
-3 Weeks of Paid Vacation
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."