Sr. Frontend Engineer, Training & Coaching
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Sr. Frontend Engineer who will bring their creativity and experience to Highspot to help us build software with a spark of magic. This is a role that works closely with Product Management, Design, and Backend Engineering. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these technologies, some of the languages and tools we use to build Highspot include React.js, React Testing Library, ESLint, Sass, Storybook, Backbone, Underscore, and jQuery.
What You'll Do
- Build a learning management system that is used by sales leaders and sales enablement professionals to create courses and lessons aimed at helping sellers learn and grow
- Focus on web frontend programming while also understanding how features work end-to-end in the Highspot RESTful API and in other backend services
- Rapidly create software that customers love by partnering cross-functionally with a talented team of Engineers, Designers, QA, and Product Managers
- Use your communication skills to represent highly technical concepts to your counterparts on the Backend, Product Management, and Design teams
- Integrate the web frontend with Highspot's external RESTful API and other partner APIs
- Develop clean, reusable, supportable, and well-tested code
- Implement responsive, accessible, and pixel-perfect web frontend UIs based on comps created by our designers
- Define and meet performance, accessibility, and security goals
- Resolve major customer technical issues in production and contribute to internal and external technical documentation
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience, not including internships/co-ops
- Experience building SaaS-based web applications
- Comfortable with modern open-source technologies and tools
- Familiarity with integration frameworks and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience working with Backend Engineers and Product Designers
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
-3 Weeks of Paid Vacation
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."
See more open positions at Highspot
Something looks off?