Sr. Director, Product Management - Engagement
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
In this role, you will be joining the Product team reporting to the VP of Product Management. Your area of ownership -- the Engagement Pillar -- manages how the Highspot product is used to connect sellers with their customers and prospects by sharing content, creating engaging digital sales room experiences, helping sales managers coach their people, and connecting the engagement to business impact. The pillar manages the engine that uses machine learning and inferencing to match activity and sales outcomes.
You’ll join the PM Leadership team, and be a key decision-maker in the creation and execution of the product strategy and roadmap for Highspot in general. You will help us build a world-class Product team, working very closely with the design and engineering teams. You will help shape and grow not just the product, but also the team and company culture.
What You'll Do
- You will drive the overall product strategy and roadmap for a large surface area of the Highspot product, and contribute to the overall product strategy.
- You will lead and grow a team of PM’s, helping them do the best work of their career.
- Help drive the Product Management practice and culture, both in how we work and the design of the org
- You will, even as a manager, be--at least initially--shipping features. At Highspot we believe that Details Matter, and everyone in the company (from CEO down) still stays hands-on with projects
- You will become an expert on our software, customer, and our market, as well as be able to identify, prioritize and execute on both tactical and strategic projects.
- You work well cross-functionally with other teams such as executives, product marketing, customer success and make sure their objectives are met, opinions are considered, and plans communicated.
- You will collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products.
- You will dig deep into customer and usage data to identify opportunities and evaluate the success of our efforts.
- You have been leading product management teams, including hiring, coaching, managing performance, and providing strategic oversight, for 3+ years
- You have been building software products for some time and have 7+ years of experience shipping brand new products as a PM IC or manager in an agile / scrum / kanban environment.
- You are exceptional at taking ideas and ambiguous data, defining the right outcome, and then mapping the right strategy and roadmap to get there.
- You can communicate and articulate the vision and strategy to execs, team members and customers.
- This is a technical role, you will be able to work directly with senior engineers and instinctively understand technical concepts and trade-offs.
- You are able to comfortably handle many concurrent projects and todo’s, and instinctively re-prioritize often without needing guidance. Highspot is in growth/scale stage and you will be comfortable with the level of ambiguity and workload that entails
- You have worked with engineering teams as a product manager / owner and have demonstrable experience leading cross-functional teams to define, execute and iterate on large multi-team, multi-quarter projects.
- You are a strong communicator and can lead teams through difficult decisions.
- You have strong data skills in quantitative analytics and qualitative user research.
Base salary range: $193,043 - $290,435. Employees may also be eligible for bonuses, stock options, and other forms of compensation.
The above represents total expected compensation for this role. Actual compensation will depend on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to, location, experience, and job qualifications.
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution
-401(k) Matching with immediate vesting on employer match
-8 paid holidays and 5 paid days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-18 weeks paid parental leave
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.