Senior Backend Engineer, Platform
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We’re very proud of our customer loyalty and our rapid growth. Concurrent with this growth is the need to scale our platform and deliver high-quality features in a fast-paced environment with the challenge to solve complex technical problems. We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help build our Platform.
Our ideal candidate should have strong technical skills as an engineer and architect; understands how to build high quality customer-facing software; is a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers; is values-driven and cares deeply about culture, is self-managed, curious, and resourceful.
What You'll Do
- Architect and build multiple highly-availability distributed services
- Develop clean, reusable, supportable, and well-tested RESTful APIs and web services, including Highspot’s external API
- Help design and develop new product features and functionality
- Partner cross-functionally with UX and Product Management to create software that customers love
- Contribute to internal and external technical documentation
- 8+ years of relevant professional software engineering experience, not including internships/co-ops
- Extensive experience architecting SaaS software platforms at scale.
- Proficiency in multiple backend technologies. Familiarity with industry trends.
- Proficiency in cloud computing, containerization, and high-scale distributed systems
- Docker/CI/K8s experience is not required but relevant to this role
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals
- Comfortable with modern open source technologies and tools
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
-3 Weeks of Paid Vacation
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."
See more open positions at Highspot
Something looks off?