Sr. Product Designer, Design Systems
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We seek a motivated self-starter who is a brilliant problem solver, a quick study, and an excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. The ideal candidate possesses that rare blend of systems design, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills.
In this role, you will work with members of the product design, product management, and engineering teams. This candidate should have a passion for usability, accessibility, an eye for visual consistency, pattern matching, and a knack for reducing complexity to the bare essentials. You will need to be an effective diplomat with strong communication and organization skills who is willing to prove yourself within a company of talented individuals.
- Work with the overall design organization to create cross-functional components across product crews to identify and define patterns that scale across product(s)
- Maintain the design systems across multiple device types, create and update documentation, and library components
- Establish design standards and principles accompanying the design system for scalability, efficiency, and consistency
- Evaluate and improve usability and accessibility of components, and be a champion for the user
- Identify and prioritize usage scenarios through customer research and competitive analysis
- Create wireframes, storyboards, and screen flows
- Design functional prototypes to prove out interaction models
- Work with engineering and product management to drive shared vision and execution of product plans
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time
- Experience building systems of design components to provide components and patterns for external teams
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles, and scaleable design systems
- Understanding of rapid prototyping approaches (Figma, HTML 5, InVision)
- Ability to deliver strong work on tight schedules
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaborative and written skills
- Comfortable working in a loosely structured organization
- Degree in human-computer interaction, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing world-class experiences
- Demonstrable fluency with Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, or equivalent design tool
- Experience with UX for the cloud and/or experience with enterprise software products, channels, or marketplaces
- Experience working with agile development teams (agile/scrum/kanban)
- Web-based or mobile application visual design in a global context
- Experience creating style guides, pattern libraries, and other design solutions that drive design across large organizations
- Exceptional portfolio of work spanning multiple projects
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions
(DPSP) with immediate vesting
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."
See more open positions at Highspot
Something looks off?