Engineering Manager, Platform
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We’re very proud of our customer loyalty and our rapid growth. Concurrent with this growth is the need to scale our platform and deliver high-quality features in a fast-paced environment with the challenge to solve complex technical problems. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to grow our Platform team.
Our ideal candidate should have strong technical skills as an engineer; understands how to build high quality customer-facing software; is a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers; loves building / scaling a team; is values-driven and cares deeply about culture self-managed, curious, and resourceful.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of engineers, inspiring and motivating your team to do their best work. As we continue building our Platform, this will include regularly jumping in to help with coding and design.
- Bring your technical expertise to the evolution of Highspot’s software; ensure that our architecture and stack are optimized to keep pace with the demands of hyper-growth; position your product area (and support adjacent product areas) for continued high-availability and reliability across multiple worldwide data centers
- Consistently deliver a product that maximizes product quality, security, and reliability, including partnering with the DevOps team to build and maintain highly observable systems with excellent metrics and actionable alerts
- Collaborate with key partners in your product area, including Designers, Product Managers, and TPMs. Ensure decisions are communicated effectively within and outside of your team with all stakeholders
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the engineers on your team. Enforce accountability through relevant, and objective performance targets and timely feedback and coaching
- Uphold and build upon Highspot’s culture, ensuring that Engineering is a welcoming, inclusive place and that we not only meet our DE&I goals but lead Seattle’s tech industry with our commitment to diversity
- At least 2+ years experience managing software engineering teams.
- Strong technical experience in some technical domains (backend or full-stack) such as Identity and Access Management, backend platform and infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience developing and scaling cloud-native applications and frameworks
- Interest in attracting and retaining engineering talent from diverse backgrounds
- Proven success as a partner and collaborator who prioritizes the success of the team over individual aspirations
- Experience with greenfield development and successfully taking a new product from conception to launch
- Understanding of the SDLC for SaaS applications and previous experience designing and building software products at scale
- Experience building and maintaining 1st and 3rd party integrations
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
-3 Weeks of Paid Vacation
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."
See more open positions at Highspot
Something looks off?