Software Engineer II, Mobile
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Mobile Engineer who will bring their creativity and experience to Highspot to help us build software with a spark of magic. This is a role that works closely with Product Management, Design, QA, and Backend Engineering to deliver a full-featured mobile app that sales reps love to use. The candidate should have a track record developing iOS and/or Android apps and willingness to learn the Flutter framework.
What You'll Do
- Focus on developing Flutter mobile apps, targeting iOS and Android.
- Rapidly create software that customers love by partnering cross-functionally with a talented team of Engineers, Designers, QA, and Product Managers.
- Develop clean, reusable, supportable, and well-tested code in the Flutter/Dart ecosystem.
- Write unit and UI tests of your code and collaborate with QA to deliver software at a high level of quality.
- Use your communication skills to represent technical concepts to engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Start with the customer and work backward to drive solutions from the UX to the API layer.
- Learn frameworks and architectural/code design patterns.
- Advise on technical limitations of underlying frameworks and provide alternative solutions.
- Identify areas of improvement within the code and suggest solutions.
- Report on project status to tech leads and your engineering manager.
- 3+ years of professional development experience including 1+ years building mobile applications for iOS and/or Android.
- Experience with Flutter/Dart preferred.
- Experience building apps that work reliably across various software versions and a variety of hardware and screen sizes.
- Understand UI design principles, patterns, and best practices for phones and tablets.
- Familiar with the consumption of RESTful APIs.
- Agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems.
- Experience communicating with engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Good interpersonal communication skills. Work well in a diverse, team-focused environment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.