Principal Backend Developer, Analytics
Software Engineering, Data Science
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
As a Principal Backend Software Engineer at Highspot, you will work end-to-end across the full SDLC to create brand-new product features, improve backend functionality, and develop web services and RESTful APIs. Some of the technologies we use include Ruby, Clojure, MongoDB, Postgres, Apache Solr & Lucene, AWS, and Chef.
What You’ll Do
- Develop new product features and functionality
- Develop RESTful APIs and web services
- Develop highly available distributed services
- Create architecture and design documents
- Partner cross-functionally with UX and Product Management to create the best software possible
- Write maintainable and testable code
- Write clean, reusable, testable REST APIs
- Proficiency in delivering large-scale, highly distributed systems that are designed to be resilient, and easily consumable from a wide array of frontend devices.
- Embraces the entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Comfortable with modern open source technologies and tools.
- 8+ years of experience developing software products, scalable internet software, and applications using a range of software models including object-oriented and functional design patterns.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."