Principal Security Engineer
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
Are you a leader in software security looking to make a difference in an exciting startup? If you are ready to take on your next challenge, Highspot is an exceptional place to apply your skills and continue to grow. Keeping up with customer growth and demand while maintaining and developing trust through data security and privacy is the charter of the Security team at Highspot. We are working hard and leading the way to ensure we meet these demands.
We are looking for the right engineer who is excited to take point on Product Security and be responsible for directing the collaboration between the Product and Security teams. You will help guide the training, tooling, guidance, detection, and assessment programs on the security team. You will take the lead on one or more of these programs to shape and mold into a world-class strategy.
Our security team will not only establish best-in-class internal support for our engineering team, but will also be a leader in the security industry. We are solving problems that many other companies struggle with; we want to give back to the industry through research, development, and open collaboration. The widespread impact you’ll have on our organization and the industry as a whole cannot be overstated.
Highspot is an organization built on trust and respect. You will have the responsibility, authority, and support to improve Highspot’s security every day.
What You'll Do
- Architect Secure Solutions - Our security team partners with over a dozen teams as they develop new features and respond to security needs. Your deep well of technical expertise will help them architect solutions that are resilient to today’s attacks and tomorrow’s threat landscape.
- Identify New Challenges - A key aspect of this role is that you are an expert and a leader. We want your input on setting the direction of our team and helping to create a better security program. Use your experience to set the best course possible.
- Attack and Defend - You will lead in-depth architecture, code, and application reviews to hunt vulnerabilities that slip by the bounty hunters and external security consultants we work with. You will work with each team to address the issue quickly and thoroughly.
- Increase Trust - Developing a successful security program is all about trust and respect. Every chance we get, we will gain consensus and find mutually beneficial solutions.
- 10+ years of security experience
- Led major technical and organizational projects to successful completion
- Learned much from failed projects
- Collaborated across multiple teams on complex delivery
- Comprehensive understanding of all common application flaws, including how they happen, root cause, how to find them and different strategies to remediate
- Able to perform code, architecture, and application reviews
- Demonstrated capability to find multiple kinds of vulnerabilities in web, mobile, cloud and more
- Comprehensive understanding of root causes of vulnerabilities, with ability to understand and identify new kinds of vulnerabilities
- Familiar with SAST, DAST, Fuzzing, and other tools and automation to make you more effective as well as their limitations
- You are passionate about security and are up to date on both attacks and best practices for remediation
Base salary range: $255,652 - $384,348. Employees may also be eligible for bonuses, stock options, and other forms of compensation.
The above represents total expected compensation for this role. Actual compensation will depend on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to, location, experience, and job qualifications.
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution
-401(k) Matching with immediate vesting on employer match
-8 paid holidays and 5 paid days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-18 weeks paid parental leave
-Professional development opportunities through LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.