Senior Retention Manager
Jackpot is on a mission to create the world’s leading digital entertainment experience and we’re starting by building the world’s most user-friendly digital lottery platform. We are continuing to grow our team, where you will be a key team member and contributor to the business. Our exceptional team members are alumni of some of the best companies in the world: StubHub, Google, Intuit, BetMGM, Twitch, GoPuff and more. Come build with us!
About the Role:
Reporting to our VP of Marketing, we are looking for a Retention Marketing Manager to build out and execute Jackpot’s retention strategy across both paid and owned marketing channels. This may be the perfect opportunity for you if you’re looking for a fast-paced environment and an opportunity to build retention marketing strategies from the ground up!
What You’ll Do:
- Build the foundation of Jackpot’s CRM toolset and infrastructure by: helping us establish our CRM platform, email marketing capabilities, push notification approach, and onsite content strategy
- Develop the full stack retention strategy across all stages of the user lifecycle including audience segmentation approach, messaging strategy, offer strategy, and engagement timing
- Identify customer segments for targeted marketing programs and develop customer offers to deliver ROI-positive results
- Own Jackpot’s customer-centric, data-driven strategies and implementation plans to ensure the success of lifecycle strategies, including paid and owned marketing channels
- Create and execute continuous improvements for all key customer retention metrics including conversion rate optimization, cross-sell, lifetime value, and lifetime value
- Work in Salesforce CRM to plan, execute, and report on CRM campaigns, partnering with the analytics team to understand the impact of various tactics on customer LTV, churn, and business revenues
- Assist in developing Jackpot’s brand strategy, and reinforce the brand tone of voice and key messaging pillars consistently across all retention marketing channels and customer touchpoints
You Ideally Have:
- Experience working in the Salesforce marketing suite
- Strong confidence and track record in CRM, including campaign execution, lifecycle marketing and analytics and data-driven insights with customer profiles/segmentation
- The ability to assess trends, competitive activity, and technological advances in the CRM marketing and larger marketing environments
It’s a Bonus If You Have:
- Copywriting experience
- Experience in the iGaming or the online sports betting space
- Design capabilities or experience
- Experience working in a startup or a rapidly scaling organization
- You are known to be highly collaborative and are enjoy cross-functional, dynamic working environments
- You excel in work environments with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. The prospect of taking full ownership of the retention channel from campaign ideation, through execution and results reporting is an exciting challenge for you to be accountable for and influence
- You have a passion and natural strength for data. You are committed to the pursuit of truth and empirical evidence
- You approach your work with a solutions-oriented mindset. You are committed to the continuous improvement of workplace operations and your channel performance
- You are not bothered by competing tasks or priorities. You know how to structure your time and work while managing team member expectations to prioritize projects effectively
- You have grit, tenacity, and what people describe to be a “get it done” mentality. You don’t believe any task is too big or too small for you.
- You are not bothered by change or shifting priorities. You’ve been described as adaptable and solutions-oriented.
One of Jackpot’s core values is Lifelong Learning. We don’t believe we are ever finished products and strongly believe in growing and developing to improve ourselves. If what you’ve read so far sounds exciting but your experience doesn’t quite match what we’re looking for, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway! We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive team where everyone can feel proud to contribute to.
What We Can Offer You:
- $125-$140k base + bonus + equity
- The opportunity to have a voice, say, and “leave your fingerprints” on our product and business
- A commitment to provide you with the benefits of a start-up career without the start-up pains
- Benefits on par with leading, progressive tech companies
- Flexible working hours
- A culture of trust and accountability
Our Core Values:
- You don’t fear failure and you don’t fail the same way twice
- You have strong opinions but are also open minded to new ideas
- You aren't just fast, you're the fastest
- You persevere in the face of challenges and adapt to change
- You always follow through on your commitments – you live a 1:1 say/do ratio
- You execute with a founder mentality
- Lifelong Learning
- You are always seeking and implementing feedback
- You are not a finished product and are always searching for knowledge and a means to improve yourself
- You embrace and learn from constructive conflict
In the United States alone, over 150m people per year purchase a lottery ticket. The $100B lottery industry is one of the last major industries to allow buyers to transact digitally, with ~5% of sales coming from online transactions.
At Jackpot, we’re seeking to change that. We are looking to build the world’s most user-friendly digital lottery and online gaming platform, leading the charge in bringing this industry into the 21st century through innovation and variety. Jackpot brings verified, official state lottery tickets online, by leveraging its digital platform and proprietary technology to give customers the ability to play anytime, via a user-friendly mobile app or desktop experience.
Having recently closed a $42.5M Series A, Jackpot is backed by some of the biggest names in sports, media, and entertainment, including the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, San Francisco 49ers owners' Aurum Partners, the Tish family (co-owners of the New York Giants), Detroit Venture Partners (run by Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert), and BettorCapital. In addition, the round was co-led by Accomplice and Courtside Ventures, with participation from the Kraft Group, Michael Rubin, Sapphire Sport, Haslam Sports Group, Elysian Park Ventures, Arctos Sports Partners, LionTree, Theo Epstein, Fenway Sports Group President Mike Gordon, DraftKings co-founder and CEO Jason Robins, NBA stars James Harden and Joel Embiid, NHL legend Martin Brodeur, musical artist Lil Baby, and Boston Red Sox President and CEO Sam Kennedy, among others.