Revenue Accountant - Mexico
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a high-energy, hands-on Revenue Accountant who has experience with reviewing sales contracts, managing the proper recognition in accordance with ASC 606, and participating in day-to-day billing activities. The ideal candidate thinks strategically on a process level and also executes in the details. Join our small but driven and expanding team to help establish the processes and procedures that will support JumpCloud as we continue to expand globally.
What you'll be doing:
- Review sales contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in compliance with ASC 606.
- Resolve all issues that arise from inaccurate orders that would affect revenue recognition.
- Participate in month-end close activities by ensuring sales transactions are recorded timely and accurately, including preparation of account reconciliations for deferred revenue and unbilled receivable balances.
- Prepare monthly revenue and reclassification journal entries.
- Conduct monthly revenue flux analysis and miscellaneous revenue adjustments as needed.
- Create and submit invoices and credit memos to customers.
- Effectively communicate with the Sales, RevOps, and Finance teams.
- Identify and assist with implementation of process improvements and/or automation initiatives to scale as the company grows.
- Participate in annual audits conducted by external auditors
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by management
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA (or similar) preferred.
- Revenue Recognition exposure in a SaaS company or 2-4 years Big 4 public accounting experience with SaaS engagements
- Solid understanding of US GAAP.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce CPQ a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve, both from an accounting and system perspective.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to jump in and help out as needed.
- Flexibility to roll with the punches and growing pains of a fast-growing company.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of Mexico. You must be located in and authorized to work in Mexico to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at JumpCloud
Something looks off?