Workday Adaptive Financial Consultant
Accounting & Finance
Remote · Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Team:
JumpCloud Business Finance is a small, cohesive, and internally respected team at an innovative and ambitious company. We run core FP&A processes while also constantly up-leveling financial discipline and a reliance on financial insights and decision-making support to create company value. We’re always looking for teammates that are passionate about JumpCloud, business finance, and collaboration to help develop our team into the world class support organization of the future. Our team members thrive in fast-paced, high throughput environments by leveraging humility, curiosity, work ethic, and a desire to get 1% better every day.
Our Financial Analyst will be the backbone of our planning, forecasting, and reporting system and thus a key coordinator in the execution of JumpCloud’s business. In addition to that, we’re looking for a candidate who is also interested in supporting system-adjacent activities such as financial close consolidation, executive reporting, and ad hoc analysis, setting this position up for future growth in the Corporate Finance and FP&A space. As a result, our key candidate has excellent technical Adaptive skills while also being humble, collaborative, driven, self-sufficient, and hyper-focused on self-development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as the company’s subject matter expert on the Adaptive planning system and all related update, maintenance, enhancement, and reporting activities
- Support ongoing budgeting and planning processes both inside and outside of the Adaptive system
- Partner with the Accounting team in support of timely and accurate financial closes, as well as efficient flow of information from NetSuite to Adaptive
- Support key month-end close and reporting activities in Adaptive, OfficeConnect, and other analytical spreadsheets
- Enable, oversee, and report on recurring rolling forecast across topline, bottom-line, and financial statements
- Maintain the data flow and integration between Adaptive and other internal systems such as ADP and NetSuite, and report on that underlying data
- Continually refine monthly and quarterly reporting and associated metrics
- Proactively look for better ways and metrics to understand the business in partnership with the Business Insights team
- Help identify risks, opportunities and key trends and make recommendations based on these outputs and our company goals
We’re looking for someone with:
- 2+ years of experience with Workday Adaptive Planning (including with former iterations e.g. Adaptive Insights)
- Experience supporting budgeting, forecasting, and/or financial reporting/consolidation
- An innate collaborative and curious nature
- Strong conceptual, analytical, project management, and problem solving skills
- The ability work under pressure and meet deadlines during peak periods amidst multiple priorities
- Willingness to work hours with a partial overlap to US time zones to allow for live team interaction
- Ability to define problems, seek and collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- A foundational understanding of accounting principles
- Strong financial modeling skills and experience working with large data sets
- Well-developed oral and written presentation skills, with the ability to summarize complex concepts into easily understandable and digestible materials
- A high level of humility, integrity, and professionalism with the ability to handle confidential information
- The ability to adapt and excel in an ever changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, or related field
- CPA/CFA or local equivalent a plus
- 2+ years of functional experience in accounting, finance, banking or other related experience
- Advanced skills with excel, gsheets and gslides
- SaaS industry experience a plus
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce preferred
- Multi-currency management within Adaptive
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of India. You must be located in and authorized to work in India to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.