Technical Customer Support Manager - Mexico
IT, Customer Service
Mexico City, Mexico · Remote
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role
As a Technical Support Manager for Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 you will be responsible for managing and building a world-class team of Customer Support Engineers that can provide an elevated level of support to our highest priority customers. We are looking for an experienced leader with a growth mindset, empathy, and a relentless drive to exceed customer expectations each and every day.
This person will be responsible for day-to-day operations in an omni-channel customer service model (phone, chat, email) which includes coordinating the resolution of high priority cases, partnering with product and engineering on defect management, coaching a talented team of support engineers, and strengthening our processes and tooling designed for scale and efficiency. People management, project management, and a proven ability to use metrics and KPIs to drive success are critical in this role. Previous experience managing deeply technical support teams in a SaaS environment is preferred.
- Provide day-by-day management for Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 Support Engineers including: reviewing customer interactions across omni-channel service, leading staff meetings, driving employee development plans, and assisting with escalations
- Implement strategies to manage a global workforce spread across the U.S., U.K., and Mexico
- Analyze data to drive performance and eliminate friction points for customers
- Act as a customer and partner advocate to resolve cases, calls, and chats in accordance with published service levels and correctly categorize their reported issues
- Strengthen omni-service channels to create a world class experience for customers across phone, chat, and email
- Coach and train team leads to ensure that are meeting the needs of the team
- Review and define processes for case framing, triage, case handoffs, escalations, and next steps for lingering cases or case management
- Strive for constant improvement through processes that increase efficiency and consistency for global case responses
- Develop and execute on key objectives tied to company goals
- Drive a culture of case reduction and measurable improvement through process, product, documentation, and training enhancements
- Collaborate with the Customer Success Learning Partner to ensure the support team has access to the tools and training materials to become experts in the support of the product
- Partner with the Workplace Planning team to develop shifts, on-call rotations, and schedules that meet the demand of a global customer base
- Coach and develop support engineers through highly effective 1-1s and growth plans
- Monitor customer satisfaction via customer surveys, escalations to management, and and performance dashboards
- Additional duties may be assigned
- 4+ years of experience in customer support management, preferably supporting a SaaS IT product across a global customer base
- Ability to multitask and pivot when necessary in a fast-paced environment
- 7+ years in a technical role supporting IT products
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing abilities
- Ability to scale and manage omnichannel support services to ensure a seamless experience across phone, chat, and email for all customers.
- Technical degree or relevant professional experience
- Ability to make data-driven decisions in line with strategic initiatives
- Experience motivating high performing teams, building technical support teams, and retaining top talent
- Familiarly with IT Services, IAM and DaaS a strong plus
- Project management experience with ability to drive the team through changes in processes and to multitask between daily duties and long-term activities
- Experience managing remote teams and managing teams in a 24X7 environment a plus
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of Mexico. You must be located in and authorized to work in Mexico to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.