GTM Analytics Manager
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
Kong is seeking an experienced Data Engineering and Analytics Manager to join our Revenue Operations team. This is an opportunity for an individual with a strong background in data engineering, analytics, and business intelligence to make a significant impact on our success.
In this role, you will play a pivotal part in designing, developing, and maintaining the data and analytics stack for our GTM team. This individual will be directly responsible for supporting the growth and scalability of our GTM organization through standardization and automation of GTM data, and will play a critical role in building our data infrastructure from the ground up to deliver consumable and actionable insights to the organization.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
Kong employees exemplify our culture at our 2022 Sales Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
- Design, develop, and maintain the data and analytics stack for the GTM team, ensuring accurate and timely data availability for business decision-making.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define requirements and implement data solutions that support GTM initiatives, including sales, marketing, customer success, and professional services.
- Manage data integration, transformation, and ingestion processes using tools such as Snowflake, DBT, and Fivetran.
- Own core data pipelines and tables to support analytics needs across the organization.
- Leverage SQL and Python skills to perform advanced data analysis and generate reports to support data-driven decisions.
- Ensure data quality, integrity, and compliance with relevant data governance policies and standards.
- Stay current with industry best practices and emerging technologies in data engineering, analytics, and business intelligence, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with different departments such as Product, Finance, and HR to understand and source clean and accurate data from all CRM, HRIS, and other business systems into a single source of truth.
- Develop and maintain core reporting assets to provide actionable insights for the GTM team and executive leadership.
- Develop and maintain data analytics tools and dashboards to provide insights into key revenue metrics, such as pipeline changes, AE hiring & attrition, customer churn, and sales productivity.
- Implement data quality controls and processes to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency of data across revenue systems.
- Improve our ability to identify patterns in our data by implementing tables to maintain history, comparing different metrics against both end-of-period objectives and pacing goals.
- Provide guidance and training to team members on data engineering and analytics best practices, data visualization tools, and SQL.
- And any additional tasks required by manager
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, data analytics, or related fields, preferably supporting GTM organizations.
- Strong understanding of SaaS sales metrics, tendencies, and general business operations.
- Experience with cloud-based data warehousing, transformation, and ETL tools, such as Snowflake, Fivetran, and DBT.
- Expertise in SQL, Python, and data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Looker, Sigma, or similar.
- Strong attention to detail and drive to build.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and senior management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize based on impact and the business's needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify opportunities for process improvements and automation.
- Understanding and experience with SaaS model companies and large global sales teams.
- Experience with the GTM tech stack, including Salesforce, Clari, Marketo, and Leandata that drive GTM productivity
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills, working with multiple departments and individuals to reach common solutions that serve revenue growth.
If you have a passion for using data to drive revenue growth, a proven track record of managing data engineering and analytics initiatives, and experience with cloud-based data warehousing and ETL tools, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Kong has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to specific candidate location, role, skill set and level of experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards including sales incentives depending on the terms of the applicable plan and role. Benefits may vary depending on location. US based employees are typically offered access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short and long term disability benefits, basic life and AD&D insurance, among others. The typical base pay range for this role in the US is $108,000 - 145,000.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong is THE cloud native API platform with the fastest, most adopted API gateway in the world (over 300m downloads!). Loved by developers and trusted with enterprises’ most critical traffic volumes, Kong helps startups and Fortune 500 companies build with confidence – allowing them to bring solutions to market faster with API and service connectivity that scales easily and securely.
83% of web traffic today is API calls! APIs are the connective tissue of the cloud and the underlying technology that allows software to talk and interact with one another. Therefore, we believe that APIs act as the nervous system of the cloud. Our audacious mission is to build the nervous system that will safely and reliably connect all of humankind!
For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
See more open positions at Kong
Something looks off?