Senior Technical Customer Success Manager
IT, Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
About the role:
As a member of the CSM team you will act as a champion for our largest and most critical customers. You will function as the primary post-sales point of contact for all technical, product and support questions on a day-to-day basis and will help establish, implement and run processes and projects that help deliver successful adoption and usage of Kong products. In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with everyone in the customer environment from Developers to Executives and represent our values every day and will allow you to understand their business, operational, and technical needs to help them achieve the greatest value from Kong.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help
!Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
Marco, our CTO/co-founder- “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021Kong employees exemplify our culture at our2022 Sales Kickoff2022 Forbes Cloud 100 Honoree
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github betweenKong API andKong Insomnia!
What you will do
- Ensure constant communication with customers and emerge as customer’s trusted technical advisor and a partner
- Establish business value for customers and help them achieve the targets and ROI
- Involved in customer’s renewal and expansion.
- Work with customers to explore new use cases and expand Kong’s API platform usage
- Understand, advocate and document customer’s use case, architecture and roadmap
- Effectively manage the tracking and resolution of customer escalations on behalf of product and services
- Manage customer accounts with Kong’s customer maturity model framework
- Periodic review of Kong implementation and walk through best practices
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you'll bring:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience handling enterprise customers of all sizes in Technical Account Management, Technical Support and/or Professional Services functions in a Software/SaaS company
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Experience managing multiple projects at a time while focusing on attention to detail and deliver results across multiple initiatives such as driving expansion, customer satisfaction, feature adoption, and retention
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to concisely explain complex technical issues and solutions
- Prior experience administering/interacting with an API management platforms (plus)
- Prior experience working for a technology startup (plus)
Kong has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to specific candidate location, role, skill set and level of experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards including sales incentives depending on the terms of the applicable plan and role. Benefits may vary depending on location. US based employees are typically offered access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short and long term disability benefits, basic life and AD&D insurance, among others. The typical base pay range for this role in the US is $132,000-$190,000.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong is THE cloud native API platform with the fastest, most adopted API gateway in the world (over 300m downloads!). Loved by developers and trusted with enterprises’ most critical traffic volumes, Kong helps startups and Fortune 500 companies build with confidence – allowing them to bring solutions to market faster with API and service connectivity that scales easily and securely.
83% of web traffic today is API calls! APIs are the connective tissue of the cloud and the underlying technology that allows software to talk and interact with one another. Therefore, we believe that APIs act as the nervous system of the cloud. Our audacious mission is to build the nervous system that will safely and reliably connect all of humankind!
For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
See more open positions at Kong
Something looks off?