Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
About the role:
As a Compliance Analyst, you will be responsible for building customer trust in Kong’s Compliance program. You will partner with stakeholders across the organization to continuously improve Kong’s security control environment, vendor assurance, and provide assurance to customers. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a high growth, fast paced environment and easily adjusts to rapidly evolving circumstances.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
Kong employees exemplify our culture at our 2022 Sales Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
What You Will Be Doing
- Act as a point of contact for go-to-market related security inquiries.
- Partner closely with various internal teams and subject matter experts to maintain an accurate knowledge base of Kong’s Compliance program to efficiently and effectively address customer inquiries about Kong’s security posture.
- Assist in managing responses to customer enquiries, including contributing to Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), automating responses to customer security enquiries via GRC applications and diligence assessments.
- Partner closely with Sales organization supporting the sales engagement lifecycle which includes customer security enquiries.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the Infosec and Compliance organization to ensure that relevant customer expectations are communicated to the respective parties in a timely manner.
- Assess vendor and company risks through collaborative engagements and thorough documentation
- And any additional tasks required by the manager.
What You Will Bring
- Experience within InfoSec, Compliance, and Privacy.
- Experience in partnering with sales enablement and field sales teams on responding to customer security inquiries.
- Experience in working with internal cross-functional teams and product engineering groups.
- Strong knowledge of certification and attestation requirements like ISO 27001:2022, SOC2, CSA STAR, PCI DSS.
- Experience in a fast-paced product startup environment, especially in the software or SaaS space.
- Knowledge of privacy compliance regulations like GDPR, CPRA, LGPD.
- Basic understanding of cloud controls and environments within AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Practical solutions in IT, InfoSec and Compliance, risk management and information security principles including access control, asset control, containers, network security, change management, information security architecture, information security operations, and leading practices and associated tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong engagement skills (internal and external).
Kong has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to specific candidate location, role, skill set and level of experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards including sales incentives depending on the terms of the applicable plan and role. Benefits may vary depending on location. US based employees are typically offered access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short and long term disability benefits, basic life and AD&D insurance, among others. The typical base pay range for this role in the US is $78,700 - 110,000.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong is THE cloud native API platform with the fastest, most adopted API gateway in the world (over 300m downloads!). Loved by developers and trusted with enterprises’ most critical traffic volumes, Kong helps startups and Fortune 500 companies build with confidence – allowing them to bring solutions to market faster with API and service connectivity that scales easily and securely.
83% of web traffic today is API calls! APIs are the connective tissue of the cloud and the underlying technology that allows software to talk and interact with one another. Therefore, we believe that APIs act as the nervous system of the cloud. Our audacious mission is to build the nervous system that will safely and reliably connect all of humankind!
For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.