Chief Accounting Officer
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Sunday, April 2, 2023
Matillion is The Data Productivity Cloud
Matillion helps teams get data business-ready, faster — accelerating time-to-value and increasing the impact data can have.
Thousands of enterprises including Cisco, DocuSign, Pacific Life, Slack, and TUI trust Matillion technology to load, transform, sync, and orchestrate their data for a wide range of use cases from insights and operational analytics, to data science, machine learning, and AI.
With over $300M raised from top Silicon Valley investors, we are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world.
We are passionate about doing things in a smart, considerate way. We’re honoured to be named a great place to work for several years running by multiple industry research firms.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
A key member of the Finance leadership team and the company, the Chief Accounting Officer will report to the CFO/COO and manage all accounting, tax, and treasury matters for Matillion, ensuring effectiveness and compliance in these matters across the global business. The CAO will manage and provide leadership on planning, implementing, managing and controlling the finance, accounting and cash related activities of the company, and build the function and processes needed for Matillion to operate as a public company.
This is a fantastic opportunity to partner closely with our CFO/COO and build the team, processes, and capabilities needed for the next phase of Matillion's growth. This role will have significant impact and visibility across the business and an opportunity to build something of which you can be truly proud.
We're looking for an experienced leader who has been through an IPO or exit event previously, either as a Chief Accounting Officer or as a second in command, and can think strategically about where we need to be in the next 5 years and how we get there.
What you will be doing
- Act as a strategic business partner to the executive leadership team on accounting, tax, and treasury matters
- Determine accounting and tax implications for all material business decisions
- Create and establish yearly financial initiatives and goals that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, and financial procedures
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and tax returns
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost
- Assure conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with GAAP and IFRS
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors
- Manage preparation and support of all external audits
- Manage the cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability and the maintenance of minimum required cash balances
- Oversee cash management and approve large payables
- Maintain corporate banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners
- Lead the evaluation of insurance premiums, deductibles and the impact on budgets and forecasts
- Utilise forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organisation's plans and operating budgets
- Mentor and develop a globally distributed team across multiple time zones, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the company
What we are looking for
- Currently in a Corporate Controller or Chief Accounting Officer role in a large private or public company
- CPA or Chartered Accountant
- SaaS or Technology Service industry experience
- Experience in building and leading large global teams
- Experience in leading a company through an exit event like IPO
- Experience in IFRS would be an added benefit
- Confident influencer and communication skills at all levels, including to Executive level
- Strategic thinking and able to balance this with action
- A strong bias for action and ability to thrive in ambiguous situations
At Matillion, we are committed to providing competitive salaries in line with market standards. Our estimated compensation range for this position is $240,000 - $300,000, but the final salary will be based on your relevant skills, experience and qualifications demonstrated in the hiring process.
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 25 days PTO
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Career development with monthly "hackdays" and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
See more open positions at Matillion
Something looks off?