People Operations Coordinator
Administration, People & HR, Operations
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Matillion is The Data Productivity Cloud
Matillion helps teams get data business-ready, faster — accelerating time-to-value and increasing the impact data can have.
Thousands of enterprises including Cisco, DocuSign, Pacific Life, Slack, and TUI trust Matillion technology to load, transform, sync, and orchestrate their data for a wide range of use cases from insights and operational analytics, to data science, machine learning, and AI.
With over $300M raised from top Silicon Valley investors, we are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world.
We are passionate about doing things in a smart, considerate way. We’re honoured to be named a great place to work for several years running by multiple industry research firms.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
We are now looking for a People Operations Coordinator in our new Denver HQ!
Our People Ops Services Coordinators are integral to the smooth running of the business by ensuring that our people processes are clear and effective, providing expert and timely advice to all customers whilst meeting our legal compliance obligations.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, People Ops Services, the purpose of this role is to provide administrative and advisory support globally via multiple systems including Workday, solving problems quickly and effectively for our customers, delivering excellent customer service, whilst supporting efficient ways of working.
What you will be doing;
- Employee Life Cycle Administration: You will coordinate and administer all aspects of administration throughout the employee life cycle, including joiners, movers, employment changes, and leavers across our global teams. You will transact simple to complex processes linked to the employee life cycle. This will often involve investigating requirements and identifying suitable solutions. Activities to include but not limited to;
- Producing employment agreements and paperwork
- Communicating with new starters during their pre boarding journey
- Conducting background checks for new starters
- Preparation of payroll data for sign off
- Systems and Reporting: You will be responsible for maintaining employee data in our People System - Workday - to support all employee life cycle events, ensuring all employee records are up to date and compliant. You will also support business data requests on both a scheduled and ad hoc basis, providing accurate and timely information to the business as required. Working with our HRIS team you will also support ongoing work with Workday and other people systems.
- Query Management: You will be the first point of contact for our employees, line managers and People team colleagues, providing accurate and timely advice whilst maintaining high standards of customer service. Types of queries may include but are not limited to, new joiner contract queries, policy questions, reference requests, holiday balances, Workday queries, process queries.
- Working with the team to manage queries through the People Ops Inbox and slack channels, as well as face to face / on calls where required.
- Supporting ongoing projects for continual improvement of our query management offering.
- Supporting UK coordinators with upskilling in US processes and Legislation
- Continuously review people ops process and confidently suggest areas of improvement
- Prepare monthly reports to provide clear and accurate metrics for the business
- Coordinate and update travel, life, medical, and other benefits
- Provide policy support and advice to the business
- Escalates where there may be issues with compliance against company policies, code of conduct and legally
Personal / Team Growth and Development
- Keeping up to date with all system related training (e.g Workday new releases)
- Ensuring all tasks are fit for purpose, compliant and regular reviewed/updated
- Keep up to date with compliance / legislative requirements globally
- Present on new ideas for People Ops activities
What we are looking for
- Experience working in a HR or admin / Coordinator role or similar
- Good working knowledge of Workday and experience of using this system in previous roles
- Strong Organisational / Prioritisation skills
- Strong data / analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information (GDPR)
- You are:
- A team player - You don’t mind jumping in to help others out and doing whatever it takes to support the team to get workload over the line.
- Data driven: You are confident with handling and interpreting data, with a strong focus on accuracy and presentation of your data.
- Customer Obsessed: You are passionate about the credibility and reputation of your function and delivering excellent customer service to all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Solutions orientated: You have a positive mindset with the ability to work at pace, cope with ambiguity, resolve issues and improve processes
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Respect and dignity
- Communicating Effectively
- Collaborative Working
- Problem Solving
- Forward Thinking
- Achieving Results
At Matillion, we are committed to providing competitive salaries in line with market standards. Our estimated compensation range for this position is $43,000 - $59,000, but the final salary will be based on your relevant skills, experience and qualifications demonstrated in the hiring process.
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & hybrid working culture
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 25 days PTO
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Career development with monthly "hackdays" and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email email@example.com
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
See more open positions at Matillion
Something looks off?