Recruiting Operations & Programs Lead
At Mercury, we’re building a complete financial stack for businesses. We started by imagining what the best banking platform for startups would be like. Fast forward a few short years, and we are adding more and more financial tools to support businesses as they grow. In just the past year we have launched Venture Debt, Bill Pay, and the IO credit card. And it’s not just startups - we have customers in ecommerce, non-profit, crypto, and other industries as well.
Turns out this requires a lot of talented people, so we are hiring a Senior Recruiting Program Manager to support our recruiting operations and programs. In this role, you will work highly cross-functionally and focus on strategic, high visibility initiatives to improve the caliber and productivity of Mercury’s recruiting team. You will partner deeply with leadership across the company to drive key programs and initiatives that enhance Mercury’s efforts to attract, recruit, and retain diverse talent.
We are looking for someone who is highly creative, has a strong bias to action, is unafraid to try new things and embrace new ideas, and who welcomes suggestions for how we can iterate on our processes.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job:
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements across recruiting programs and operations to keep them as effective and efficient as possible
- Own our recruiting programs including, but not limited to interviewer training, recruiter enablement, internal mobility, and referrals
- Leverage data to define program success metrics and inform strategic decisions
- Take on special recruiting projects and initiatives, driving them from ideation to execution
- Own the recruiting team’s data and reporting
- Proactively share data with cross-functional partners to get buy-in and maintain alignment on projects and decision making
- Lead change management efforts across our recruiting teams and partners
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the recruiting team and cross-function partners like our Executive & Leadership teams, Finance, Legal, and People Operations
- Partner with Recruiting Coordinators to drive a best-in-class candidate experience
- Own our recruiting tech stack & serve as an admin for our recruiting tools like Workday, Greenhouse, and Ashby
- Partner with Finance to own our headcount planning process
Ideally, you’ll have some of the following qualities:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or something you feel is equivalent
- Have a passion for working efficiently with great tools
- A deep understanding of the various roles, responsibilities and needs of each stakeholder that play a role in the hiring process
- Highly creative and not afraid to try new things and pivot when needed
- Deep experience leading cross-functional projects from ideation to execution
- A background in working on scaling recruiting teams
- A passion for problem solving and thoughtfully driving creative and high-quality solutions
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, or the San Francisco Bay Area: $152,000 - $178,000
- US employees outside of New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, or the San Francisco Bay Area: $136,000 - $161,000
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 138,000 - 162,000