Building Mercury’s customer base has turned out to be a wild endeavor! With our continued growth, we're looking to bring someone smart onto our Account Executive team to help us create more Mercury champions.
You’ll partner with startup founders and finance teams to understand their financial and capital needs. You’ll have to understand their operations and have a deep knowledge set of financial tools and products. You'll get cozy in the startup ecosystem and figure out how we can help our users build great businesses. You'll also take customer feedback and push our product forward.
Here are some things you'll do on the job:
- Own the sales process from prospect to close.
- Partner with our new SDR team and build a quality outbound pipeline.
- Figure out where you can find great startups and learn as much as you can about them.
- Convert companies that have signed up for Mercury into solid champions.
- Quickly learn internal tools and processes to manage a large pipeline of prospects.
- Work with our Relationship Management team to help onboard some of our most complex customers.
- Proactively identify opportunities to introduce new products like venture debt, treasury management, and FX, to our customers.
- Work with our partnerships team and figure out how to open new channels that drive users to Mercury.
- Translate customer needs into prioritized product development.
- Have a bachelor's degree or something you feel is equivalent.
- Have at least 1 year of closing experience.
- Be comfortable building a pipeline of high-quality prospects.
- Understand the inputs of good sales discovery.
- Have a strong product sense.
- Work well as part of a team and uplevelling your teammates.
- Communicate complicated ideas with clarity and precision.
- Enjoy learning about companies with complex, technical products.
- Be passionate about fintech.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the saas and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a job candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in the New York City or San Francisco Bay area: $125,000-148,000 USD
- US employees outside of the New York City or San Francisco Bay area: $109,000-126,000 USD
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 115,000–132,500
Something looks off?