Risk Program Manager
Mercury is building a complete finance stack for startups. We work hard to create the easiest and safest banking* experience possible to simplify entrepreneurs’ and business owners’ financial lives.
In order to achieve this vision, it is essential to have a robust risk management program that will seamlessly protect our customers, Mercury, and the broader financial ecosystem from bad actors and illegal activities. We’re looking to hire a founding Risk Program Manager to help scale the Risk organization at Mercury. This individual will identify opportunities for increased efficiency, create programs and drive projects to streamline, automate and scale the Risk function.
*Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust ®️; Members FDIC
In this role, you will:
- Help scale risk operational processes by implementing and driving changes in procedures and tooling
- Identify gaps in current risk systems, policies and procedures, and recommend and drive enhancements and process improvements
- Create business and operational metrics to identify risk trends and areas for improvements
- Use internal analytics and tools to develop dashboards, identify root causes and drive corrective programs
- Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage strategic vendor partnerships that help optimize the Risk function
- Work closely with risk operations, engineering, data science, and product teams to identify opportunities and drive broad initiatives and programs which require involvement across multiple risk disciplines
- Have 5+ years of experience in Program Management within the Risk or Trust & Safety space
- Bonus points if you have 2+ years of experience in vendor management
- Have experience in process improvement/simplification/reengineering
- Have a strong understanding of Risk operational processes
- Be comfortable influencing Risk stakeholders and senior management
- Enjoy building a program from the ground up, and collaborating with various teams to achieve results
- Be comfortable with decision making in a fast paced, ambiguous environment, while demonstrating curiosity and growth mindset
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the saas and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a job candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in the New York City or San Francisco Bay area: $178,800-$196,700 USD
- US employees outside of the New York City or San Francisco Bay area: $152,000-$167,200 USD
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 159,000-174,900