At Mercury, we’re building a better way to bank* for all types of businesses. We started by imagining what the best banking platform for startups would look like and in just a few short years we have over 100,000 customers using Mercury’s products, supporting their businesses as they grow. In the last year we have launched Venture Debt, Bill Pay, and the IO credit card (check it out on mercury.com). Our customers span many industries including e-commerce, non-profit, crypto, and climate tech, just to name a few.
Mercury still has a long way to go to fulfill our ambitions, and we believe that our success hinges on hiring the best people. We are looking for an Implementation Manager to develop a best-in-class implementation function for our high-value and complex Mercury customers. The role provides a unique opportunity to define, build, and execute one of the most important functions within the business, one that determines the long-term success of new Mercury customers.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, comfortable using data to inform processes and decisions, has experience growing implementation teams, and has a proven track record of building efficient customer onboarding operating models. You will report to our Head of Account Management, partnering with sales ops, business development, support, data, and account managers to establish this function.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job:
- Strategy and operations – Develop a scalable implementation flow that will drive customer adoption, education, satisfaction, and retention.
- Build for a team – This role does not have direct reports today, but we expect it to. You’ll need to be building this function with growth in mind and a willingness to operate as an implementer in order to be the expert in the room on all things implementation.
- Data and Tools – Use customer data and existing (or new) tools to support scalable solutions within the function.
- Customer Engagement – You will be the trusted operator and expert when it comes to onboarding the Mercury product. You will work directly with the customer to support their needs when transitioning to Mercury’s product.
- Cross-functional collaboration – Partner with business development (sales) and account management to act as the bridge between a customer sale and a successful transition into post-sale operations. Expect to partner with marketing, product, and data teams to drive the best experience for our customers.
- Voice of the Customer/product feedback – Glean customer insights to help inform further product and business development.
- Bring 5+ years of implementation experience (Saas and/or banking implementation is a plus).
- Bring 3+ years of people management experience.
- Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Have experience building, owning, and scaling cross-functional operations.
- Be a self-starter with a desire to learn, build, execute, and iterate on operational processes.
- Have experience utilizing data, metrics, reports, and dashboards to drive results.
- Be able to connect and effectively communicate with people of all levels.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a strong product sense and a desire to provide feedback to inform product development.
- Have been a part of a high-growth company and therefore have experience evolving and revising processes to accommodate that growth.
- Be curious, seeking to understand how things work, why they break, and how you can build improved operating models.
- Have exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Have some experience working with or owning operations that utilize BPO’s.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a job candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in the New York City or San Francisco Bay area: $221,000–$254,000 USD
- US employees outside of the New York City or San Francisco Bay area: $188,000–$216,000 USD
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 196,500–226,000
*Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust, Members FDIC.
Something looks off?