Staff Software Development Engineer in Test, Secure Web Gateway
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
We are currently looking for a talented SDET with a passion for quality to join our Next Generation SWG team (NG-SWG) and help take the fastest-growing SWG in history to the next level.
What’s in it for you
Netskope’s NG-SWG is a cloud-native solution for protecting enterprises from the growing volume of sophisticated cloud enabled threats and data risks, and has been recognized by Gartner as a market leader in their Magic Quadrant reports. As a member of this team, you will play a key role in the design, development and delivery of frameworks and automation to test our API backend in a CI/CD environment.
What you will be doing
- Developing expertise in our cloud security solutions, and using that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
- Contributing to building a flexible and scalable automation solution
- Participating in the complete development lifecycle process as a core member of the development team
- Helping to create and implement quality processes and requirements
- Working closely with the team to replicate customer environments
- Identifying and communicating risks about our releases.
- Looking beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensuring our solutions deliver value to our customers.
- Owning and making quality decisions for the solution.
- Owning the release process
Required skills and experience
- 7+ years of experience designing and developing UI & API Test automation frameworks
- Experience with automated testing in Cloud environments involving microservices, docker, k8s.
- Familiarity with Rest APIs
- Experience with Jenkin CI/CD pipelines for test integration.
- Experience writing and executing automated and manual tests as needed to provide an ongoing measure of product quality.
- Good knowledge of the TCP/HTTP protocol suite
- Good knowledge of Linux systems
- Strong Python programming skills
- Experience testing distributed systems
- Experience building automation frameworks
- A proponent of Strong Quality Engineering methodology.
- A track record of success and consistent growth showing that you are highly motivated and capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.